USB Ports don't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtenorio3

Solid State Member
So I go to Iraq for 4months and leave my house to one of my friends. I get a virus and now my USB ports don't work. More specifically, my keyboard and mouse do not work when plugged in to the USB ports. The mouse works on my laptop so its not the mouse. any suggestions?

The virus infection most likely corrupted the usb drivers found in Windows. Or? The usb support was disabled in the bios setup. It's most likely a need for a clean install of Windows to insure no infection remains and the drivers are replaced. Other files on the drive may have also been infected as well. You may end up having to wipe the drive to see all traces removed? That's a last option to see a good running system again. This is a software not hardware problem to correct there.

Thanks for the suggestions. However, I reinstalled windows 3x (formatted the hard drives the long way all times), checked the bios set it to default, and even installed usb sm bus controller, usb drivers from my mobo's software. It still does not work. I think I am missing something.

If this matters, I'm using (and have been using) stripped down windows.

P.S.
Iraq is quite an experience. You should go there ;)

I have been to Iraq and you Americans have it easy, in the British zone it is bad really bad. I was hit by a IED, as for being a sandbox yhea it is but Imagen a sandbox with scorpions and dog dirt and you will get the general idea. but if you decide to take a working holiday in IRAQ take a good good pair of boot's and take a trench knife (if you can find one) and make sure you take all the water and ammo you can carry you don't want to run out of either mid fight.

its not the scorpions im worried about if im there, its the camel's
camelspidered1.jpg

We put mouse traps down believe it or not to get the camel spider, if that didn't work WD40 works just as well.

The scorpion's I was talking about are the ones with Ak47's and a bad attitude, If any one has IRAQ on there holiday list reamber "tap twice save a life" I can't stress that enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom