The ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro is AMAZING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
good oc man. i cant get past 390 on my ds3 no matter how far i up the volts. what bios and volts you have>

I'm using F10 BIOS, +.2 volts on my memory, and about 5 levels above stock volt level in BIOS, I can't remember exactly and the cpu-z one has never been right for me, Easy Tune says 1.33 and 1.32 in different places lol....so I'll just check on that one later tonight when I feel like messing with it and trying to get it higher. I was searching on google today and read some places that the C1 revision of the DS3 can't go higher than 450 (what I'm at right now) and I have the C1 :-/ I really hope it's not the case because it just seems like I can get so much more from this chip.

lucky. i have + .2 on ram and about 1.38 on cpu, and i catn get past 370. even at 1.6v i cant, what seems to be the problem, no clue. maybe it's too hot and i;; get this.

Check your RAM timings. Right when you get to your BIOS, hit CTRL+F1, this will load up some extras that you won't see. Now go to the section where you change your voltages and stuff. These timings will depend on how good your ram is, but I have 5-5-5-15

Oh, well I actually know the problem then lol, I didnt even look at your sig. I thought you were using a core 2 duo, but now I see you're actually running a P4 and using DDR2 667. You can loosen up your timings a little bit more, but your RAM is pretty much getting towards the end of it's OCing abilities, and I'm not sure how high the P4 can go. I suggest you go pick up this RAM Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail First of all it will allow you to clock higher, but it's also an extra gig which will help your computer out a lot. Also you should pick up the Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 Allendale 1.8GHz 2M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail with those two upgrades you will be getting a LOT more out of your system.

oops. lol my bad. i didnt update my sig yet. i have an e4300 lmao :p

my p4 wouldnt go above 4ghz. it sucked. i remember oc;ing it on new years lol.

i have corsair 667 ram. might need to buy some 800.

btw thanks for the help man. i do need to get 800 if not higher because ima oc freak :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom