Jerking Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

IF06

In Runtime
So I only play one game, the game is Rakion.

The problem is that 2 out of ever 3 tries, I get jerky graphics. I either get fps lag, or the darn game just gets all jittery. And it's not even at randomly set points, sometimes it's in consistent intervals. Most of the times it's like every two seconds.

I found this guide that may have helped but I haven't tried it out yet.

TweakXP.com - Stop Jerkey Graphics

See the manual options I'm meant to select, I have no idea what they are (IE: half/ full duplex)

Is there any other methods to get rid of the jerky graphics? I even try to close down any software that isn't essentially required for the computer to run or for the game to run.

If you need any information about my computer or graphics card, just ask.

i've played rakion before, and in my experience its just very laggy game on occasions. It may be useful to ask on a rakion forum to see if anyone else has the same problem.

It has a great fight system though

Yes, I've asked. But I think it goes beyond the game itself, my issue.

The game is great. I agree the fight system is well done, well balanced.

Theres a lot you can do to stop jurkyness. In importance order.

1. Defrag Hardrive (Stutters are usually due to the hardrive having to access game files, Perfectdisk is the best defragger to get)

2. Make sure that you have as little running processes as you can before you play the game, they can cause stutters when they do stuff

3. Having too little RAM can cause stutters when it has to keep filling up the RAM and is not keeping up. But that depends on the amount of RAM in your system.

4. The graphics card which you have might have too little RAM again for the same reasons as above.

5. Your hardrive is too slow. For the same reasons as 1 but because its not accessing the files fast enough.

There is more but generally those 5 points are the main reasons ;)

Can find out game info from work... too many blocked sites.. Is this a single player game, or an online game? If online, how many computers are on your network, and what are they doing when you have the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom