Help with an upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhgunit

Daemon Poster
My rig is in the sig. I've got $300 to spend...any recommendations?

8800 GTS would be bottlenecked by the 3200, correct? So I think I am getting a eVGA 7900GS for it with a really good deal.

So say I have the 7900GS and $300 to spend, where should it go? Savings account till I can get a different mobo since I can't find anything I want for a socket 939?

I don't think there will be much of a bottleneck, if you overclock the 3200+. I could be wrong.

But the 7900GS is a great card too, for the money. If you get the 7900GS, save the money, for the new AMDs.

Well, I think I kinda have a plan here.

Get this eVGA 7900GS, in 3 months use the step-up program....and build a new system then.

Then I have to make a decision on the CPU. When are the AMD Phenom's coming out?

Although I would really like to play Oblivion now......It was fine on my 17" LCD, but now I have this monstrous 22" Widescreen and the resolution is killin my lil 6800GT.

One more question, then I'm done...I promise.

I get this eVGA 7900GS for $149.99 on newegg. Do I get to send that to eVGA in 3 months and get a new card that is $150? Or how exactly does that work? Is there depriciation?

Re: Help with an upgrade (System Hangs!)

I'm having trouble with my newly bought PC. It's an AMD X2 3600+, 250Gb HDD, Asus Lightcribe burner, 2Gb kingston RAM, no other cooling or special cases.

It has been freezing frequently. It does it mostly when i put a game in and try to load the game. The DVD drive goes up to a High Rpm and then comes down again and just flashes on and off. Also while this is happening, if i go into the task manager i notice the CPU is under 100% load or in some circumstances, 0% load????

I have no idea what is wrong with it, because i was told that the 3600+ has a good rep. I have tried reinstalling a few drivers but still no dice. Can anyone help me out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom