Like to start a little local job

Status
Not open for further replies.

boo

In Runtime
I would like to go about peoples homes and clean the pc up from virus / spyware they cant seem to remove themselfs. Just as a little side job. Any ideas on what programs it would take if i run into something badly infected? If your willing to talk im willing to listin ;)

thanks

boo

There are hundreds of programs would could take. Everything from Spybot to Avast! to Zone Alarm free version.

Each PC is unique with its problems and therefor has to be treated that way. No way you know for sure what these people want on their PC. If someone wants Norton cause they trust its name you have to give them Norton. That is what they asked for.

Your best bet is to talk to them first. Find out what they want. That way you can go into each job prepared with what they want. Not what you want to give them.

kaspersky internet security
nod32
spyware doctor
stuff like that hjt find out what the problem is and get a tool for that specific problem

I would like to go about peoples homes and clean the pc up from virus / spyware they cant seem to remove themselfs. Just as a little side job. Any ideas on what programs it would take if i run into something badly infected? If your willing to talk im willing to listin ;)

thanks

boo

AVG, AD-Aware SE.
Do what I did. I made my own business cards and started giving them out to customers or anyone. My computer was paid thanks to those people who had all them virus/spyware. Also, lots of people now days want wireless dsl setup and don't know how....guess who they call?

As far as virus programs. I install both avg, adware and also comodo firewall for them. All these are free but I charge customers $35-$50 to install them. In lots of cases though, I'm forced to do a complete windows reinstall due to badly infected comps.

Hey, that's better than the $70 and up that bestbuy, circuit city or other places charge and they don't go to the customers house.

I make more money off of the repairs whether software or hardware than building a computer and selling it.

Anyways, good luck.

u should bare in mind . people dont like Warez Programs on there PC's , so you must as them first !!!

u should bare in mind . people dont like Warez Programs on there PC's , so you must as them first !!!

I don't even ask since most of my customers never even had an antivirus or spyware program installed on their computer and that's why they call me. Whether they want one or not, they are going to get it installed otherwise they will be paying more money in the long run. Besides these programs don't hog their computer and I personally use them myself.

AVG, AD-Aware SE.
Do what I did. I made my own business cards and started giving them out to customers or anyone. My computer was paid thanks to those people who had all them virus/spyware. Also, lots of people now days want wireless dsl setup and don't know how....guess who they call?

As far as virus programs. I install both avg, adware and also comodo firewall for them. All these are free but I charge customers $35-$50 to install them. In lots of cases though, I'm forced to do a complete windows reinstall due to badly infected comps.

Hey, that's better than the $70 and up that bestbuy, circuit city or other places charge and they don't go to the customers house.

I make more money off of the repairs whether software or hardware than building a computer and selling it.

Anyways, good luck.

See this is wrong. You charge people up to $50 to isntall free software that they can click a few mouse buttons to isntall? If they knew about this you would be out of business real fast.

I can understand the DSL and other things you do but charging people to install free software is ********. If anything you charge then like $20 for labor. Anything more than that and you are just ****ing greedy.

I have done so many PC repairs of this sort. People call and ask about stupid stuff. You have to give them all their options. Just giving them AVG is not the right choice. What if they want Avast!? What if they want NOD32? You limit them to what you want. Just cause it is a quick solution for you doesnt make it the right one. Let them know they have other options and let them decide. Tell them you honest opinion of each.

Plus BestBuy does go to people's houses with the Geek Squad. Yes they charge a **** of a lot more but still. There are other services, which are more well known than you.

Be honest with the people. The more honest you are with them. The more you will have Repeat Customers. Whether it be for other issues, referals, or help buying a new PC.

See this is wrong. You charge people up to $50 to isntall free software that they can click a few mouse buttons to isntall? If they knew about this you would be out of business real fast.

I can understand the DSL and other things you do but charging people to install free software is ********. If anything you charge then like $20 for labor. Anything more than that and you are just ****ing greedy.

I have done so many PC repairs of this sort. People call and ask about stupid stuff. You have to give them all their options. Just giving them AVG is not the right choice. What if they want Avast!? What if they want NOD32? You limit them to what you want. Just cause it is a quick solution for you doesnt make it the right one. Let them know they have other options and let them decide. Tell them you honest opinion of each.

Plus BestBuy does go to people's houses with the Geek Squad. Yes they charge a **** of a lot more but still. There are other services, which are more well known than you.

Be honest with the people. The more honest you are with them. The more you will have Repeat Customers. Whether it be for other issues, referals, or help buying a new PC.

First of all, calm down!
One thing that I ALWAYS tell my clients is to compare my price with other places(I'm fluent in spanish and most of my business is from spanish speaking clients). And you know what, I'm always the cheapest and I always get their business. I inform them that I charge for the visit, advice, installing and teaching them how to use the software, and the time I spend there. I never charge $ for free software. As a matter of fact, I tell them to inform other friends and relatives of these programs and encourage them to also download them.
But guess what, the problem is that they don't know how to download it or don't know how to set it up. They are afraid to mess with a computer that's already giving them problems.
As far as repeat business, it happens often. Shoot, If anything, word of mouth has helped me more than the business cards.

So don't get all puffed up 'cus I charge a very computer illiterate person $50 for my service. I'm not saying those programs are the best(unlike you who's pointing out other software), but they are easy to use and they WORK!

P.S. Greedy? Right. I charge $50 and geeksquad charges how much? One client told me that he took his puter to bestbuy and he paid them $ $250 basically to reformat and reinstall windows. R U kidding me? And you're tripping 'cus I charge $50 to do the same? Whatever bro!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom