khan008 here is a run down of what is good and bad with your build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saltynay stay outta peoples **** business why would you breakdown somebodys build. Its his money let him do what he wants. He can spend his money the way he wants if he wants to build a computer thats insane thats his business NOT URS! You act like your so innocent salty...Your just so jealous outta your mind that you have to criticize it to make you feel good.

Is that true salty?

ok

mobo: aw9d max
cpu: qx6700
Ram: 8gb of 6400
hdd: ssd 32gb & 2x320gb barracudas in raid0 for storage
gfx: quadro
optical: 2xdvd
psu: 550W antec,hpiers, OCZ, enermax, silverstone

Saltynay stay outta peoples **** business why would you breakdown somebodys build. Its his money let him do what he wants. He can spend his money the way he wants if he wants to build a computer thats insane thats his business NOT URS! You act like your so innocent salty...Your just so jealous outta your mind that you have to criticize it to make you feel good.

he said can you tell me whats good and bad about my build then, why would I be jealous I dont even game I just have fun building them

Cdub stop being a *****
i can see where salty is trying to help, hes just trying to give a little friendly criticism, which is not a bad thing

theres not much really to be jealous of his build any way i mean, yea it would be nice to be able to afford all that but most of us gamers wouldnt spend that much even if we could. for most of us its just unnecessary and ridiculous. but idk much about CAD so maybe that build is worth it to him

I do cad too, Autocad to be exact. That's a pretty high spec system for it. If you're not running a lot of rendering and realtime 3D visualization, you might want to save a bit of money and run the specs down a ways. Best bang for the buck is definitely going to be ram and HD Raid 5. Under normal operating circumstances, doing 2D drawing in Autocad, you're pretty much never going to see the CPU jump above 10%.

I'm big into gaming too though, so a higher spec system is a good thing in my opinion. I'm working on getting the $ together for my next build. I'm going with a triple monitor setup, Core 2 Duo 6600, 4GB ram, (3) 500GB Seagate Barracuda HD's in a Raid 5. I've priced up to about $2K, not including the case, lighting or optical drive(s). Also not including monitors, KB, mouse. My preference for running CAD on it will be to get the highest resolution monitor possible for the center screen. (You can push toolbars from Autocad onto other screens, but when you restart they end up back in the upper left corner.)

Blu-Ray is far from being a leading industry standard. It's the VHS/Beta war all over again. I'm sitting it out. I'm not replacing my TV, surround reciever, etc just for a bump in video quality. And as for optical storage, unless you're making high end video, it's total overkill. A DVD toaster will run you south of $30 if you look in the right places. A Blu-Ray drive is still somewhere in the stratosphere. Hard drive storage is super cheap by comparison. That's where I'd stick my bucks.

The other top of the line components make me drool a bit, but it really is a little over the top. I've not seen anybody out there that needs that much machine... unless they're completely stuck on impressing the folding@home people... that can be addicting. Just make sure that hardware isn't going to waste!

If you really wanted to help him and "not make him feel bad," then you would have PM'd him instead of making a whole thread.

Fine, he spent a little more that most of us would have. Who cares? Let him do what he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom