Building New PC! Need Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Thanks for all the great suggestions. I'm starting to get a better idea of what I'm wanting to get, but I still have a few more questions.

Oh yea Sora... I'm looking for my budget to spend maybe around 1400 dollars at most, but if i really need to I can dish out more, but not too much more (maybe like 200 more?) And that budget will allow for a whole new tower with everything in it and monitor and keyboard/mouse and such.

So...

PCU: seems like the winner is e6600.

Mother board: Still have no idea haha. I heard DS3.. PS5... I guess i still need more suggestions and info on it. I don't think i'm going SLI anymore, but I've been reading up on overclocking the cpu. Still don't know much about it and if its up my avenue.. anyone care to shed any light? hah. Would it be useful for my use which is mainly gaming?

Video Card: Seems like SLI is out of my list now since none of you guys really cared for it too much. Seems like it is the 8800gts either 320 or 640. But I have a question. I've been reading other threads and noticed that dx10 is coming out and might make these video cards kinda rendered useless? I'm not really looking for top video card but one that would be able to last for a while a year or so and still play the games that come out then. Can u guys share what the info is? and what my choices should be?

RAM: the G.Skillz brand seems to be the winner. Question tho. I've never really heard of this brand. is it that good in comparison to like kingston or corsair?

I think for the other parts I have a good idea of what to get. I guess just these are the ones that I'm still questionable about. Thanks

Oh yea. Is Vista worth getting right now? or should I just stick with XP?

Thanks

If you're not going SLI, and you want overclocking, the Gigabyte 965P-DS3, is the way to go.

For the 8800GTS, I think you should go with the 640, to handle that 1680x1050 resolution in games.

G. Skill has a high reputation for overclocking. So stick with that. Corsair is a good company too, but recently has been slipping, in the quality department.

Stick with XP now, until Vista has the first service pack.

stick with XP..... for now, 8800 gts is a DX10 card and the only other options are the hd 2900 xt or 8800 gtx....

If you're going to want to play games for about a year with the graphics card you're going to buy, then go with the 8800GTS 640 meg. The reason you want the 640 is because you'll be playing on a larger monitor, so the resolution is higher, hence needing the better 8800GTS

actually sora's build is perfect for teh price, i see no point in adding anything else.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom