Compaq Presario SR1403WM
AMD Sempron 3000+ @ 1.8Ghz w/ stock cooling, Heatsink w/ Fan
Socket 754 Asus K8V Mobo w/ Phoenix Award Bios
512 MB PC2700 RAM
PNY Verto Geforce 7600GS 512MB DDR2 w/ stock cooling, Heatsink w/ Fan
2x 80GB HD: 1x Hitachi SATA, 1x Samsung IDE
400w King-Yes PSU
Let me know if I am missing anything.

My BIOS does not have any options to control CPU clock, FSB, or anything like that. I tried the ctrl + f1 thing, that did nothing though. So what I did is downloaded the overclocking software ClockGen and got it to work with that. Heres the problem: When I shutdown, after doing ANY amount of tweaking to the CPU clock, it goes through the normal shutdown process, but then after Windows closes out, the power light blinks, and the boot light is orange, meaning there is CPU activity. It just stays like that until I press and hold the button, forcing it off the rest of the way. I dont think there is any problems with heat. When I turn it on(the CPU clock resets when I reboot) and check the temp through the bios, it reads 45C, software reports the same temp in windows as well. Under 100% load for about 6 hours, it got up to about 56C, still not overclocked yet(Using Prime95, the middle option for max heat, power, etc.), also no errors during calculations. Overclocking to about 1.9Ghz, it gets up to the same after about 10 minutes,and no errors, havent checked on longer durations yet. Any ideas why I have that problem when I shutdown? Or any ways to get the options to show up in the bios?

You should really refer to motherboard manual first and research a bit. I always think overclocking from 1.8 Ghz to 1.9 Ghz is never really much of a difference.

No manual :(, I guess I could look it up on the web though... its the mobo that came with the comp, and being that its about 2 years old, I either lost it or there wasnt one in the box.

lol okay, your gonna have to download one then.
(2x) Seagate Cheetah 10K.7 300GB ST3300007LC 10,000RPM SCSI 8MB Cache (Ultra 320-SC2 80 Pin).
Crucial 16GB (4x4GB) DDR2 PC2-5300C5 Dual Channel Kit.
Asus Striker Extreme nForce 680 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme Edition QX6800 "LGA775 Kentsfield" 2.93GHz
LiteOn LH-2B1S-490C 2x BD-R/RE Blu-Ray SATA DVD Writer
BFG GeForce 8800 GTX Extreme WaterCooled 768MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom