No hassle pc build help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
doesnt the gtx eat your power and is quite large to install in most motherboards and/or pc cases ?

thats what i read on reviews.cnet

you guys know better.

But it's a great hard drive for the money. It won't be just for movies, he's gaming also.

cyber.logan,
The GTX doesn't eat as much power as you think. Besides that power supply, I suggested is more than enough power to handle it. And the Gigabyte case will fit that fine. Not sure about the Antec 900, but I think it should fit.

GDDR5 (Graphics Double Data Rate, version 5) is a type of graphics card memory. It will be the successor to GDDR4. It is currently in its design state, and is reported by several online technology press sites to be available as first samples in mid-2007. GDDR5 products will supposedly be available in late 2007.[1]

Despite the late 2007 suggested launch, given the state of the Graphics industry at this time it appears more likely to see a launch further into 2008.

GDDR5 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now what? :(

well the hdd stores movies and a 320gb is more then enough for common use it is roughly 1.5gb per dvd quality film so 213 films when the hdd is completely full games are normally around 3-5gb's

Ram guide:
256 = general use with windows 2000
512mb=general use with xp
1gb= general use with vista
2gb = gaming
3gb = video and movie editing
4gb = Computer aided design so 3d modeling
8+gb = servers

lol, don't worry about that, GDDR5.

i guess..

i was at best buy and i saw this frontbay audio control unit it was like under the dvd writer of the system..

like it had a small volume control and had a nice lcd display .. i cud see the name of the song being played and the time..

do u guys know what that part is?

the dude was turning the volume up and down using a tiny remote from a small distance.. it looked really nice but i dint any brand name on it..

any ideas?

Quite a nice budget you have there. Here is what I would suggest with 2 grand.

This is a build that can be overclocked very good if you want it to be very power however the build itself is very good regardless if you do or not. With these parts though the cooling will be more than adequate so go for it.

CPU: E6600 Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail
Video: 8800GTX Newegg.com - EVGA 768-P2-N831-AR GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail
Case: Aurora 570
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE 3D Aurora 570 GZ-FA1CA-ASB Black 1.0 mm Aluminum body ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail
Ram: G.skill HZ's (2x1GB) Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
Mobo: Asus Commando
Newegg.com - ASUS Commando LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Hard Drive: 2 x Seagate 7200.10 250GB in RAID 0
Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
PSU: Corsair 620HX Corsair HX Series CMPSU-620HX 620W Power Supply at ZipZoomfly
CPU Cooling: Zalman 9700 Newegg.com - ZALMAN 9700 LED 110mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler - Retail

This leaves you around 400 bucks for an OS or upgrades on wherever.

This build is plenty powerful enough for the price and all the parts are awesome price/Performance however if you want to go overboard and try to hit your budget you could up a few things. The bottom line is with what youi want you have reached the Enthusiast recommended parts and 1600 is about what it would cost so 2000 isn't needed. All of the parts I selected come highly recommended and are very good.

i guess..

i was at best buy and i saw this frontbay audio control unit it was like under the dvd writer of the system..

like it had a small volume control and had a nice lcd display .. i cud see the name of the song being played and the time..

do u guys know what that part is?

the dude was turning the volume up and down using a tiny remote from a small distance.. it looked really nice but i dint any brand name on it..

any ideas?

Its a 5.25" bay controller heres a link to them on the great egg:
Controller Panel, Multifunction Panel, Fan Controller, Transfer Panel at Newegg.com

i read that the gtx is kinda longer than the the gs version of the 8800

so does that mean its also going to be difficult to install ?

Also..

whats your personal opinion on

Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000 1-Terabyte Hard Drive

refrence :

According to Hitachi, the drive ships in the first quarter of 2007, and will cost $399--less than the price of two individual 500GB hard drives today.

Hitachi will have three flavors of the 1TB drive; however, only the Deskstar version will be available at launch. The company also plans to offer a CinemaStar version of the drive, for use in DVR and set-top boxes, as well as an enterprise version with a certified mean time between failure rating. Both of those versions are expected in the second quarter of this year.

Source : PC World - Hitachi Introduces 1-Terabyte Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom