straight to the point..

budget - max $2000.00

what i need ?

ur suggestions with brand/model for

1) a good case with plenty of room for air

2) a video-card which delivers excellent graphics and dicipates less heat

3) a good hard-drive

4) appropriate powersupply

5) a good motherboard ( please note that i will only install one videocard)

6) a memory brand or something VERY reliable

7) CPU

8) cooling system - fan based preferred / water seems to much of a hassle

9) your best choice for an OS for multimedia projects/gaming

10) i am going to be spending this chunk to get me something that would last quite a while.. so please give in your best

and oh yeah i had an egg-mcmuffin for breakfast if that helps loooool

:p

grab a c2d with a compatible mb, two 200gb hds for fun, a 8800gts with an appropriate psu. windows xp pro for now. 2 grand can get you a whole dream gaming macine...
ps. i hate mcdonalds

e6600
MSI P6N Platinum
2gb of G. Skill DDR2-800 HZs
Corsair 620w or 520w
8800GTX
Seagate 7200.10 320gb HD 16mb cache
Tuniq for e6600
Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 Full Tower case. Great full tower case. But it's more of a personal preference. This is just a suggestion.
If it were me, I'd stick with XP, until Vista straightens out. But that's just me.
Total comes to about $1600, more or less.

I'm not saying you have to, but would you like to wait for July 22, in which Intel, will slash it's prices on it's processors, by a good amount?

1) a good case with plenty of room for air = antec 900

2) a video-card which delivers excellent graphics and dicipates less heat = 8800GTX is the best graphics card atm

3) a good hard-drive = seagate baraccuda 7200.10 the capacity you want...

4) appropriate powersupply = 520W hiper type R

5) a good motherboard ( please note that i will only install one videocard) =one of these the Asus p5b or p5n, Abit AW9D-max, gigabyte ds3, msi p6n

6) a memory brand or something VERY reliable =g-skill 2x1gb

7) CPU = e6600

8) cooling system = well you need to choose a case before case fans can be chosen lol but an awesome cpu cooler is a tuniq 120 ultra you may want to consider a fan controller so you can power up the fans whilst gaming but turn them down low when just under general use

9) your best choice for an OS for multimedia projects/gaming = linux but it is complicated so for no hassle windows xp mce 2005

and oh yeah i had an egg-mcmuffin for breakfast I prefer double sausage and egg with a hashbrown :p

a C2D is short for Core2duo it is a type of intel processor with dual cores the e6600 is the model number and is the best price/performance out of this series of cpu's

e6600
MSI P6N Platinum
2gb of G. Skill DDR2-800 HZs
Corsair 620w or 520w
8800GTX
Seagate 7200.10 320gb HD 16mb cache
Tuniq for e6600
Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 Full Tower case. Great full tower case. But it's more of a personal preference. This is just a suggestion.
If it were me, I'd stick with XP, until Vista straightens out. But that's just me.
Total comes to about $1600, more or less.

I'm not saying you have to, but would you like to wait for July 22, in which Intel, will slash it's prices on it's processors, by a good amount?

right u are on vista.. i duno if you might find it funny but i am still in love with win98 cant get over it for some reason !

i wanted to ask a question regarding the mb..

i've even seen MBs in the market that support upto 8 gigs of memory..

how much memory do you think would be sufficient to store say hmmm.. 30 (2 hour movies) and play games without any clogs?

not that i am going to store 30 movies but i just put that as an example.

also how many bays do you think should be good enough for future upgrades?

2gb of ram is more than enough for everything. It doesn't matter how much ram for movies, it matters for gaming. Hard drive space is what matters for movies, in which 320gb is plenty.

And that Gigabyte case, has more than enough bays, for future upgrades. So is the Antec 900, that salty suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom