MS Word 2000 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCNewbie

Baseband Member
OK the space at the bottom of each page is way too large. I tried clicking PAGE SETUP in FILE menu and reducing the bottom margin and footer but it didn't work. How do you get rid of the useless space at the bottom???

Check to make sure you don't have a footer on the document.

If its coming out with the huge space on the bottom, it could be your printer can't print that far out to the edge of the page maybe?

Well I reduced the footer to 0" and it's still too big I assume this is what you are talking about.

I also reduced the "bottom margin" to lower than 1.15" but it says "One or more margins are set outside the printable area of the page. Choose the fix button to increase the appropriate margins." and if I press fix it returns to 1.15".

If as you say "your printer can't print that far out to the edge of the page" how can I make it so that it CAN??? Is it impossible??

The unnecessary space is very annoying.

Strange, most printers can print closer than half an inch.

Try ignoring the warning and setting your margins to .75" and then print. I think word is just having a fit about nothing.

i never let word fix the "outside printable area" and usually set my margins @ 1/2 inch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom