Help me to Choose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lncrobort

Beta member
I am searching for Desktops for my office and a Laptop for personal usages. I found some deals at Direct2Deal.com

Laptops
Dell Inspiron 6400 With 1GB RAM, Intel Core Duo, 15.4" WXGA, 160GB HDD, 8X DVD+/-RW priced at $799
Dell Inspiron E1505 Dual Core with 2GB RAM, Intel Pentium Dual-Core, 15.4" WXGA, 160GB HDD, 8X DVD+/-RW priced at $949
Dell Inspiron E1405 Dual Core with 1GB RAM, Intel Core Duo, 14.1" WXGA, 120GB HDD, 8X DVD+/-RW priced at $899
Dell Inspiron E1705 with 1GB RAM, Intel Core Duo, 17" WXGA, 80GB HDD, Combo drive priced at $899
Dell Inspiron 1501 with 1GB RAM , AMD 64X2 Dual Core, 15.1" WXGA, 80GB HDD, 8X DVD+/-RW priced at $549

Desktops
HP Pavilion a6028x with 2GB RAM, AMD 64X2 Dual Core, 19" Widescreen LCD, 320GB HDD, 16X DVD+/-RW priced at $949.97
Dell Dimension E520 with 2GB RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo, 20" flat panel, 250GB HDD, 16X DVD+/-RW priced at $849
Dell Dimension E521 with 1GB RAM, AMD 64X2 Dual Core, 19" flat panel, 160GB HDD, 48X Combo Drive priced at $553
Dell Dimention C521 with 1GB RAM, AMD 64X2 Dual Core, 19" Widescreen LCD, 160GB HDD, 16X DVD+/-RW priced at $469

for the desktop it is cheaper build yourself which is what almost everyone on this forum will tell you, dell use the cheapest parts so that they can maximise profits at the detriment of there consumers

the laptops can you put down these specs:
Ram: the sizes
Cpu: the actual model number
hdd capacity: the number of gb's
screen size:
price:
what version of windows: (as it is a laptop I am assuming it will be vista so either basic, home premium or business)

if your going to buy for an office, I wouldn't suggest anything with vista yet... to many bugs in it and for strictly office work, it's overkill... XP pro would work nicely. but that depends on what you do in the office of course... if it's data base work, normal type stuff... XP... you get the idea...

are you going to utilize a server to house your data or keep everything on local drives? No need to spend money on a huge drive if your not going to use it... an 80/160GB drive would work...

I'm thinking the C521/E521

as for lappy... what do you want to do with it... work or play? work standards can be a lot less than play... if you want to game, then be prepared to spend some money... but that is why I ask first.

u should build ur own desktop and save money. you could make a better comp for the same price off newegg.com

the dell dimension is a quality all rounder in my opinion, i used them all the time before i started building my own

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom