new build :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltynay

Patron
heya,

going to try and build a htpc build here are the basic specs:

case: Computer hardware and software at amazing prices, available online from Scan Computers UK
mobo: msi AM2+ micro-atx
cpu: K10.... equivalent to a e6420 or e6600
ram: OCZ 4gb (5400) OCZ 4GB (2 x 2GB) PC2-5400C5 Dual Channel Vista Upgrade Gold Series DDR2 (OCZ2VU6674GK)
hdd: 2x750gb seagate barracuda's in raid 0
psu: around 550W modular by a big name brand worry about that nearer the time
monitor: a 52" plasma
tv tuner: a dragon card and tv decoder so I can put sky (the major uk satelite tv service)
gfx: a 8600GT or a 8800gts 320mb
optical drives: 2x slot loading drives in mounted in Kustom PCs Dual Slim CD 5"1/4 Bay Adapter
OS: Vista ultimate 64bit upgrade (hence why there are 4gb of ram :D)
mods:
theme internally will be red and white I will paint the inside pure white paint hdd racks' & optical racks and psu & psu mount plate red.
May make it watercooled paint the radiator and pump red and have red fluid but only connect to the cpu and gpu
paint red fan, 4x12" red cathodes with red fire switch on back, red Ram heatsinks
change the mesh on the sides into mirror acrylic by Ac Ryan so that when the lights are on in the windows are see through but when theyre off it is just a mirror :D Kustom PCs AC Ryan AcrylPanel Mirror2 2mm - 400x300mm

So what do you think????? I don't know what to put in the 3.5" slot I don't want a screen, fan controller, memory card slot so what else is there???

y go thru all this just for similar performance of ur first system, just upgrade ur current one..... but really good htpc :)

lol because I go to a boarding school..................... so my desktop is at school a long with my server computer when I am at home all I have is my 4 year old laptop and the family dell which is again 4-5 years old. Now that we are moving I thought it an opportune chance to build a decent pc for home and connect it as a htpc

I forget the command to post pics.. and also this build won't take much work the only really challenging part of the modding will be the windows in the special acrylic.

My current build I got tired of making a worklog btw just a little update incase anyone is wondering I have finished cutting out the window holes still working on the counter sunk panel should be possible though :D. I have polished the underside of the case to baremetal then to mirror finish lol It took about 90hours of just finer and finer wet paper to get the final finish I used really fine metal sponge and then a plastic scouring pad like you use for the dishes :D and then put lacquer on to protect it from rust

thats one **** of a htpc u making there

lol thanks I have problems with keeping to an aim with my own projects I just can't compromise when I know there is something better the only reason why I am not going with dual 1tb seagate barracudas in raid0 is because price is just too much especially as the availability of 1tb drives will push down the 750gb prices

the only computer I own that has kept to the original idea was my server and that has 10x750gb in raid 5 and is run by a q6600 and 4gb of ram it still has the potential to be a gaming pc all you need to do is chuck in a 8800gts and you have one huge gaming pc lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom