8600GTS or GT....

Status
Not open for further replies.
parts change and update about once every 6 months or so... I would suggest going with what you want now, then seeing what happens later on down the road...

Personally I have a GTS 640 and love it... runs all games (except Oblivion) at max with no worries... I wouldn't worry about benchmarks and all that unless you are the type to worry about every single Frame per second and want to show off... a 320 or 2600 (when it comes out) will work... I would go for what you know... or you could get a cheaper card now and save for the "top of the line" when DX10 really comes into play... right now, it's not even out yet much less playable in games...

i don't think the thing about the 8800 gts is correct, i think they'll do ok but not barely make the cut, i think u should just get the 320 8800 gts, overclock it a bit...

AY! i hate when people say the 8800, i dont think ill get the money, lets see, i have a party in june (2nd) so if i have everyone come i should have over 300 buckeroos. if then i need a new psu and a gfx card.... maybe, MAYBE i can get the 8800GTS, but lets see.

i think im gona do what nukem said because i dont want the 1st gen dx10 cards, the next gen will be able to play crysis easily... the r700 series is supposevliy coming out q1 next year, then i could save up for a 3800xt (or maybe 3900 o.o)

an 8600gts will still be good. but i would highly rec. going with the 8800gts 320, great card.

and there hsnt really been any optmized dx10 games yet except for lost planet and that runs pretty good on a gtx so cant be that bad on gts. ull be able to play dx10 games easy hjust not prob all maxed out if that matters to u. but it would still be mid-high settings

Im currently using this GPU, and to be honest it runs like a dream!:) Best thing ive ever used;

BFG GeForce 8800 GTX Extreme WaterCooled 768MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI

This is my computer overall, ive only just set it up, my psu arrived earlier today, and its a monster of a computer, i think its the best out there;

Zalman HD160XT-B Home Theatre PC.
Enermax Galaxy 1000W EGA1000EWL ATX2.2 Modular PSU.
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro 7.1 Soundcard.
Zalman Reserator2 Fanless Water Cooling System.
(2x) Seagate Cheetah 10K.7 300GB ST3300007LC 10,000RPM SCSI 8MB Cache (Ultra 320-SC2 80 Pin).
(2x) Crucial 8GB (2x4GB) DDR2 PC2-5300C5 Dual Channel Kit.
Asus Striker Extreme nForce 680 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme Edition QX6800 "LGA775 Kentsfield" 2.93GHz
LiteOn LH-2B1S-490C 2x BD-R/RE Blu-Ray SATA DVD Writer
BFG GeForce 8800 GTX Extreme WaterCooled 768MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI

I would also like to add i got the bill for all this stuff which was £5,915.98, excluding any peripherals or software, but believe me if you wana go all out on a computer this is for you!

for that price the ram isnt that great and watercooling could be better. and didnt even no seagate made 10k drives

for that price the ram isnt that great and watercooling could be better. and didnt even no seagate made 10k drives

Lol neither did i until i bought one, i spent that much money because i want something that will last, and that can burn up any game that goes near it, it kicks my ps3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom