Time for the computer upgrade... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

motoxer4533

Try again!
Well, as the title says, my computer is getting pretty outdated. I have a P4 3.0 GHz processor, and a Mobo that doesn't support Dual Core. So, I am pretty much looking to find a new Mobo and Processor. Also, I might try to get a Video card if I can get a deal (It's not a priority though).

This is what I've found:

Mobo: Newegg.com - ASUS P5NSLI LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI Intel Edition ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

CPU: Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 Allendale 1.8GHz 2M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail

I don't have a set price limit, but I want to get good products at a low price. $200 is right around my limit (Excluding Video Card).

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can get?

Thanks.

I'd go for the Gigabyte 965P-DS3, so you can overclock that e4300, pretty nicely.

For lower than that, you could go the AMD route, with a Biostar TForce 550, and an X2 3600+ Brisbane.

I do like that Gigabyte, the only thing is there is only one PCI-E 16x... that means no sli if I would want that in the future.

I do want to stay Intel though, too.

OK, if you want to stay with Intel, and an SLI feature, then I would suggest the MSI P6N Platinum or the P6N SLI-FI.

b1gapl right on the money with this one as usual lol. yeah i go with the e6320 1.86 4mb cache better than amd atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom