my psu wont melt now will it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To save me typing another seperate thread does anyone know the best forceware for a 8800 and winxp combination? when i first installed the card it took me at least half hour to find some because most websites just said "forceware winxp/2000" and i didnt know whether or not it was just for 7 series cards or what, i ended up with 97.94 which according to the website was the lastest ones and it supports 8 series cards? anyway i can play my games fine so i guess i picked the right ones, but any better ones out there for winxp/8800. or are the ones ive got pretty good?

Go for a bigger PSU to be on the safe side; i can refer you to the one i got,

Enermax Galaxy 1000W EGA1000EWL ATX2.2 Modular PSU.

Its a monster lol

________________________________________-
Enermax Galaxy 1000W EGA1000EWL ATX2.2 Modular PSU.
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro 7.1 Soundcard.
Zalman Reserator2 Fanless Water Cooling System.
(2x) Seagate Cheetah 10K.7 300GB ST3300007LC 10,000RPM SCSI 8MB Cache (Ultra 320-SC2 80 Pin).
(2x) Crucial 8GB (2x4GB) DDR2 PC2-5300C5 Dual Channel Kit.
Asus Striker Extreme nForce 680 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme Edition QX6800 "LGA775 Kentsfield" 2.93GHz
LiteOn LH-2B1S-490C 2x BD-R/RE Blu-Ray SATA DVD Writer
BFG GeForce 8800 GTX Extreme WaterCooled 768MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI

That's useless, unless he had like 10 hard drives, 5 opticals, SLI, and quad core, etc..

y would u need 1000w even if newer things that need more come out he wouldnt need it even if he got another upgrade in the future.
edit: glad u came to u senses lol:)

y would u need 1000w even if newer things that need more come out he wouldnt need it even if he got another upgrade in the future.
edit: glad u came to u senses lol:)

I totaly understand lol, and for the record, senses are back up an running. I'd also like to add my friend advised the PSU lol....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom