Do I really need a high-performance Sound Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
I have finally compiled the list of comparison of what sound card(s) I need to buy.

They all have 192khz Sample Rate and at least 105 SNR.

However they all vary in price.

Which one is the best bang for my buck?
Newegg.com - Buy Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

It seems like those cards rival the cheap $67- M AUdio Card right here Newegg.com - M-AUDIO 9900-40906-00 5.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Interface High-Definition Sound Card - Retail

correct me if I'm wrong. Should I just wait until that one is available for purchase? Or did the sound cards that are $100+ who have the same 192khz+ and 105+ dnr better?

Also I got a question about DTS support. Some cards say they support it and some doesn't say anything at all. In a 5.1 Setup, do all support DTS as a default or do I really need to look for this feature? this could dramatically narrow down my choices of sound cards.

How so? I have yet to see a creative labs on newegg.com with a SPDIF Coaxial Output (in which I truly TRULY need).

theres a fatality version which has one... i don't no if newegg supplies it... lemme check....

hanks but the problem is that its only 96khz instead of 192khz and it cost more.

EDIT: NVm it has an extra front mount. I would probably get this however i dont think my PC has any free moutns.

lol take out an optical drive or memory card reader or something, but most cases have like 4 or 5

a sound blaster fatal1ty is one of the best if not the best on the market. it should be fine for wateva u need

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom