PC freezes when windows logo loads and restarts when entering Safe Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

kernel89

Solid State Member
Hey there,
Just like the title says it, I can't get into windows on normal mode, because it freezes when I'm on the page where the windows logo loads.
Then I can't get into Safe mode, because the PC simply restarts.
I can't seem to find the problem!

What I know is this list of "not it"

-it's not the Hard Drive because, I took that hard drive and installed windows on it from another working PC and no problem interfered.
-it's not the Processor because I can see the PC start and I can get in the BIOS no trouble, and I can also clarify that the Processor temp is about 38C. The PC freezes when the windows logo is loading.
-it's not the Power Supply, because I replaced it with a well working one but the problem was still there.
-it's not the DVD-RW drive because I replaced it with a CD-Drive that worked and the problem still occurred.
-it's not the floppy drive...because I simply disconnected it....and the problem was existent.
-it's not the Video Card because I replaced it for the integrated one, but the problem was still there.

So what else can the problem be? the motherboard? .....I really don't know...

You took a drive with Windows already installed on it and put it in another system with a totally different hardware configuration. Try reinstalling a fresh copy to have Windows perform the needed detection of the new hardwares it will find now. With a fresh install seeing this a bad install or bad memory?

Do you get any Blue Screen Error or any kind of error message or Beep Codes?
Go to "System Properties" (press Windows Logo button if you have it on your keyboard + "Pause/Break" button. Or do a Right click on My Computer) Click the "Advanced" tab; click on "Settings" under "Startup and Recovery" section. Make sure that, under the "System Failure" section, the "Automatically Restart" option is UNCHECKED. Reboot and see if you get any error or Blue Screen, or post back with more info. Good Luck!

You took a drive with Windows already installed on it and put it in another system with a totally different hardware configuration. Try reinstalling a fresh copy to have Windows perform the needed detection of the new hardwares it will find now. With a fresh install seeing this a bad install or bad memory?

I can't install windows on that system because during the installation, the PC just restarts. That was the reason why I installed WinXP on that Hard drive from another PC.

Do you get any Blue Screen Error or any kind of error message or Beep Codes?
Go to "System Properties" (press Windows Logo button if you have it on your keyboard + "Pause/Break" button. Or do a Right click on My Computer) Click the "Advanced" tab; click on "Settings" under "Startup and Recovery" section. Make sure that, under the "System Failure" section, the "Automatically Restart" option is UNCHECKED. Reboot and see if you get any error or Blue Screen, or post back with more info. Good Luck!

I can't get into windows not even in Safe Mode.

You could be looking at a supply or board problem where you won't hear any audio alerts yet see the power drop right off on you. Windows would likely hang on you after you have already passed the option to press the F8 key for the safe mode option since you installed on a different system.

But that will still see Windows load while not being able to run correctly at times. The supply, possible corrupted bios, and especially on an older case weak battery on the board itself are more likely things to consider.

it's not the Power Supply, because I replaced it with a well working one but the problem was still there.

I just tried to reinstall windows...but I get the blue screen in the middle of the installation....

The only thing i can think of is your mobo might be stuffed. Try resetting all bios options back to default. Do that by turning off the power, removing the cmos battery, OR resetting by using the jumpers. They are usually next to the battery, or somewhere near.

When in the bios you can easily load the defaults by simply pressing an F key assigned there. You don't always have to open the case up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom