Intel FUD versus AMD fact

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, seems like amd is really starting to try to come out in front! i guess the winning processors will be on the AM3 socket, and probably be cheap and cool, which most pc addicts love.

Amd aren't using a new socket they are using a different chipset coonfiguration so it is am2+ not am3 the socket is the same size and shape as a am2 but the shipset gives new performance and features hence why k10 am2+ processors will work on am2 boards but the am2 users will miss out on most of the benefits

Lol amd use the same method for there manufacturing processes as there processor aims same with intel. with intel and the pentium 4 it was all about large clock cycles whilst amd was all about small clock speeds but better efficiency :D

Amd aren't using a new socket they are using a different chipset coonfiguration so it is am2+ not am3 the socket is the same size and shape as a am2 but the shipset gives new performance and features hence why k10 am2+ processors will work on am2 boards but the am2 users will miss out on most of the benefits
AM2+ is AM2, just with a faster HTT speed.
AM3 will be one pin less, but AM3 CPU's will work in AM2+ and AM2.

I wonder what Nvidia has planned as far as chipsets go.

Lol amd use the same method for there manufacturing processes as there processor aims same with intel. with intel and the pentium 4 it was all about large clock cycles whilst amd was all about small clock speeds but better efficiency :D
Actually, AMD are trying to improve efficiency further with their K10

AM2+ is AM2, just with a faster HTT speed.
AM3 will be one pin less, but AM3 CPU's will work in AM2+ and AM2.

I wonder what Nvidia has planned as far as chipsets go.

Actually, AMD are trying to improve efficiency further with their K10

sorry I haven't heard of am3 socket I thought the k10 series were just f/am2+ surely the am3 chip won't be out for ages as they haven't even got am2+ boards on the market yet.....

with the amd thats what I said........ AMD make efficient processors which although in terms of ghz are less powerful the efficiency is higher so they have a practical result of being rulers of the single core market

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom