Activated my windows too many times, help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

diabloII

Fully Optimized
well i don't pirate anything (i can take a picture of my windows cd case thing and the genuine CD if you don't believe me!), and i've reformated my computer numerous times and i guess i activated my copy of windows too many times so it won't let me activate it anymore

does anyone know how to get around this? i don't want to spend another $120 =(

thanks!

Call the number, press zero to get to an operator. He asks you for the first 5 digits of the installation code. Tell him then say you had to reformat and you installed it on only ONE computer. That always works.

Another tip: they will ask you if it is installed on one computer, just say "yes, only one computer", dont try and give a story as that will only complicate things, let's just say that was a lesson learned the hard way :p, made the 5 min phone call 15 min.

haha thanks

i kinda need to install it on a second computer though :p

is the operator only going to let me activate it once?

Yes, he wont know (well maybe), but just said the reinstall failed and you reinstalled it once more. Tell them you love their products and its been a pleasure.

If you need to install it on a second computer, follow as stated before "it is only installed on one computer" ;) However, if they mention something like it was just activated then say "yes, it is the same computer, windows didn't install everything correctly, so I did it again"

Call the number, press zero to get to an operator. He asks you for the first 5 digits of the installation code. Tell him then say you had to reformat and you installed it on only ONE computer. That always works.

do you by chance know the number. My friend is having this same problem and he tried calling the number on his box and it didnt work.

do you by chance know the number. My friend is having this same problem and he tried calling the number on his box and it didnt work.

Umm, if you need to activate windows it will tell you right in the window the number you need to call.

lol how many times did u reinstall it b4 it didnt work?

If you get your windows disk as OEM because you bought a prebuilt computer from DELL or something, I believe it will only let you use the key once before you have to call them up. I think the ones you buy retail allow you to do it 3 times before you call. I could be wrong, but the values are somewhere in that range if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom