Overclocking the 7600GS 512mb XFX PNY

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
I have that video card 7600GS 512mb XFX PNY

It comes with an over clocking utility. My PSU is only 300 watts.

What are some precautions and steps I need to successfully overclock this video card? I've never over clocked before.

Use ATI Tool to overclock the graphic card. First overclock the core, in increments of 5-10 MHz, than scan for artifacts. Give it about a 2-10 minute run for scanning artifacts. When no artifacts, have shown, increase it again. Do this until, you see artifacts, and then decrease it by 5-10MHz, to keep it safe. Then do the same procedure with the memory clocks.

On video cards which specs of a video card matters for Resolution, Texture, Shading etc..?

For textures and resolution, the memory of the video card matters. For the shading, the number of pipelines or stream processors matter.

So the more textures or the bigger the resolution, you're playing at, requires more memory. A game that is more shading intensive, requires a graphic card with more pipelines or stream processors

So the pipelines / stream processors can be overclocked? What exactly does overclocking improve on its output via gaming?

To me, I see that overclocking the graphic card, is more of a gain in points with benchmarks, then it's performance in gaming. But that's just me.

I overclocked my 7600GT, from 580/1600 to 630/1700, and hardly noticed any difference in gaming. But my benchmark points, did improve.

I see. So your saying that its not advisable for me to overclock my graphics card?

What are the least, common and most likely things that could happen (both good and bad) when overclocking a video card?

I didn't say it's not advisable to overclock. I'm just saying, there's not really a significant performance increase, from overclocking the video card, unless you overclock it alot.

I've haven't anyone, braking the card due to overclocking. But the most common good thing, about it, is getting more benchmark points. You might get a few frames per second in gaming, but nothing really noticeable.

yeah what b1gapl said oc isnt going to make much more fps unless u put it up like 500mhz on core and like 750mhz on memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom