Can you guys please rate my upcoming build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint71

In Runtime
I am planning on building an awesome gaming and entertainment computer for the summer and was hoping I could get some opinions from you guys. Here is the link to my public wish list on newegg.

Wish list details

Thanks

build is 9 out of 10 in my opinion and I am sure this will start a debate but you should get winows vista 64 bit and you can save money by buying an upgrade cd instead of full retail as there are ways to get around the upgrad part just look for a guide on google

well right now drivers are still an issue with some games and apps in 64bit vista, so that might be an issue depending on what you would want it for.. but I agree with b1gapl on the board and PSU... over kill to me what you have... I have a 600W psu and it WAY to much for what I have... (which is similar to your wish list) I know it sounds stupid, but what about DVD burner, monitor, etc... I'm assuming you have those..

I would even go so far as suggesting XP until they come out with SP1... bugs, bugs, bugs with vista and all my OS developer friends are stating... (they are the ones telling me to hold off as well) but over all it looks like a start of a pretty good build

yeah i would get rid of the 680i and sumthin cheaper. also the corsair 520 pdu is prefect for ur build. good choice with the hz's:) best ram ever.

yeah i would get rid of the 680i and sumthin cheaper. also the corsair 520 pdu is prefect for ur build. good choice with the hz's:) best ram ever.

Can you guys recommend some good motherboards other than the 680i. Since I'm getting the 8800GTX will the 520 watt corsair power supply the enough. I already have a sound card but I am going to need a new monitor. I am thinking something like a 20 inch but I'm not sure if I should go widescreen or regular.

Go for a widescreen monitor. It's becoming common in gaming, and more games will support it. It's also better for movies.

The 520w Corsair has enough amperage for the GTX. It's not about wattage. If you want, go for the 620w version.

I already recommended a motherboard other than the 680i, in my previous post, if you haven't read.

Newegg.com - MSI P6N SLI Platinum LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
This performs, as well as the 680i, and is much cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom