Overclock an amd a64 dual core 4200+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
I know how to overclock it but don't know what program to use. My mobo doesn't have a place in the bios to overclock the cpu. Its the 3rd computer in my signature.

ClockGen
I am using that program with a few others but the problem is that the cpu speed goes up, FSB goes up, Ram, and Pci all go up together. I can't overclock the cpu as high. I was wondering if thats the program or just my motherboard?

thanx for all your help anyway. All my computers are finally overclocked. I just ran a tester thing and it finished with no errors so My 3rd computer in my sig should be fine.

just 2 questions for you guys. 3rd computer in Sig.

1. If I get the blue screen of death could that be, because I am overclocking too much?

2. Will my computer shut down/ restart if the temps get to hot?

After a quick Google search, it appears that you can over clock through the BIOS on this board. You must have missed it.

To answer your two questions;

1: Yes.
2: It depends on what your shut-off temps are set to in the BIOS, and if you have it enabled.

Over clocking through Windows isn't a very good idea. For one, if you go too far, it's a PITA to fix it (if you have it set to automatically run on startup).

Plus, every time you restart your machine it is changing the clocks, and voltages by a sometimes large amount, which I'm sure is not good for it. Through the BIOS, it's always at one clock/voltage.

that mobo should have an option in the bios to increase the clock (fsb). although, from what i read, it does not allow you to increase the vcore. which is totally pointless and actually kind of dumb, especially for a board maker like asus.
doesnt it have AI overclocking also? if it does that would be much more preferable over windows overclocking.

All I saw that I could change was the multiplyer from Auto to x1, x2, x3, x3, x4, x5

I guess i will have to check again and get back to you guys tomorrow cause its getting close to bed time and I have to wake up at 4:00 A.M. to go to work.

Thank you guys I just figured it out but can only get to 215 FPS and can't get any further. Is that all I have to change is the Fps or do I have to change the multiplyer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom