Need Advice on my future build

Status
Not open for further replies.

xteam02001

In Runtime
I am planning to build a budget, medium level, gaming/internet/school stuff Machine. I'm not looking for flashy stuff, or lots of lights. I'm just looking for a computer to do its job and do it exceptionally. Here are my components unless you guys here can see a problem with compatibility or can add a word of advice. Every Piece of advice is greatly appreciated.

Case With Power Supply: RaidMax "ATX-228SP" $39 shipped

Motherboard: ABIT NF7 $64 Shipped

Processor: AMD Athlon XP 2500+ "Barton" $80 shipped

Hard Drive: WD 80GB 7200RPM 8MB cache $67 Shipped

Video Card: ATI RADEON 9600PRO $126 Shipped

Memory(RAM):Kingston 184 Pin 512MB DDR PC-2700 $81 Shipped

Thanks in advance

Looks ok, altough you should go with a hard drive that has an 8MB cache. You could even go with a Western Digital 80Gig with an 8MB cache for $67.00. Thats only $16 more than what you have chosen.

Also i wanted to say that the FX5200 is a low-end gaming card. I had one for a while, and it sucked trying to play first person shooter games.

What kind of games are you planning on playing?

I wanted the same type of thing amd am running winXP on the config shown below, I am going to upgrade the graphics card to a proper daughter board soon, but the onboard sound is fantastic.

Total cost was around 750GBP whats your budget?

get a hardrive with an 8 meg buffer, and that video card is a joke to computer technology, get a radeon 9600 pro or better. Stick with ATI.

The computer is really for me and my brother to play games and school work and internet. The games we will play on it are The Sims 2, Flight Simulator 2004. Not too high end games. im not planning to play any fist person shooters on my pc. Maybe some racing games. My budget is set right around $500.

When I bought my HP last year, I bought it for low-end games and schoolwork and internet much like you are building this for. But eventually, I found myself playing more and more games. I began wanting to play games too high-end for that HP with integrated graphics. What I'm trying to say is that you should at least go with a GeForce 5700 Ultra or ATI 9600 or better, and also get a hard drive with an 8MB cache. Just because you don't plan on playing many games now, doesn't mean you will not want to in the future.

beedubaya said:
When I bought my HP last year, I bought it for low-end games and schoolwork and internet much like you are building this for. But eventually, I found myself playing more and more games. I began wanting to play games too high-end for that HP with integrated graphics. What I'm trying to say is that you should at least go with a GeForce 5700 Ultra or ATI 9600 or better, and also get a hard drive with an 8MB cache. Just because you don't plan on playing many games now, doesn't mean you will not want to in the future.

Thanks for the advice beedubaya. I have already made the decision to go with the 80GB WD 7200RPM 8MB Cache. im still wondering about the Video Card. I'm looking right now at a ATI Radeon 9600PRO and a nVIDIA GeForce FX5700 .
I can probably go up to $120 on a video card. Suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom