deactivate vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Power

Mr Beans Sidekick
Well I had vista installed on one of my pcs but it broke down now that im building a new one will I be able to install Vista again since its already activated to my broken pc? Can i deactivate it somehow first?

Are you putting the same hard drive in the new build? If you bought retail you would simply reinstall Windows. With one type of OEM type disk that stays with one machine. If you buy a prebuilt or have one made for you and the dealer includes a Windows disk that would stay with that one system there.

Dump the old case and run the new one. If you bought the Windows disk retail or some OEM releases you save any files from the old drive and wipe that and simply install Windows for the new machine there. Certain OEM for prebuilds however fall under a difference license agreement there. There is no deactivating but if needed you can buy a new license even for more then one system. Those fall under home business there. Some 10-15 systams. But you will be running one new there.

If it's OEM (came pre-installed), I believe you'll have to call Microsoft to have them re-activate it for you on your new PC. If it's retail, you shouldn't have to worry about it.

ya but when u bought the vista did it have a fancy box with manuals or did it have just a little paper case with the CD the maula with the fancy box is Retail (so just reinstall it) otherwise its oem with the paprer case and cd, then u have to call Microsoft to have them re-activate it for you on your new PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom