The ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro is AMAZING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the one ? Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - Retail

I will be upgrading after July 22 ;) I'm getting interested in buying one aftermark CPU cooler since I'm not expert on that a little of input would be greatly appreciated also the CPU most likely I will be buying will be the Q6600. The reason I have for buying a after mark cooler is a little obvious I want to try overclock the CPU I'm no expert but Hey nobody was born knowing everything :D .

it is an amazing cooler. I use it on my amd 64 it is about 10 degrees c cooler then with stock

the fan blows air out the back of the case. so it is good to have a case fan sucking air out the back. I didnt at first but when I put one in I got a few degrees cooler

actually a small correction. your northbridge is 38c. your cpu is 43c. still plenty low enough though

Haha, good call ;) I just followed the the CPU and System stats from the fan column. Makes you wonder why they flipped them..

Another thing that might be helping me keep my temps down is my case. I have a xclio 3060, but unfortunately they don't sell them on newegg anymore. It has a 250mm fan on the side that's really quiet and provides cooling to all parts, and since the fan for this CPU cooler is on the side, it's getting cooled by the 120 on it and also now my 250

Haha, good call ;) I just followed the the CPU and System stats from the fan column. Makes you wonder why they flipped them..

Another thing that might be helping me keep my temps down is my case. I have a xclio 3060, but unfortunately they don't sell them on newegg anymore. It has a 250mm fan on the side that's really quiet and provides cooling to all parts, and since the fan for this CPU cooler is on the side, it's getting cooled by the 120 on it and also now my 250

hehe np. those are still very good temps. and yes the other cooling really helps with the artic freezer, it relies on other fans to suck the air out of the area near the cpu. which is just why I saw better temps when I added a 120mm fan to the back of my case . :)

heatpipe coolers are awesome huh?!

Yes, heatpipe coolers are definitely awesome. About 6 of my friends who all have conroes have the zalman. I ALMOST bought one, but decided to look around at others. Another issue I had was space. the 250mm fan on the side goes in quite a bit, but fortunately the freezer 7 pro just fit, I dont think the zalman would have, and definitely not any of the other ones with the bigger heatsink designs.

I guess I didn't realize it was good stuff. Automatically figured AS5 was still the best and that the pad was just generic paste. Oh well, since my temps only jump 5C from idle-100% load I don't think it would make that much of a difference.

I guess I can't say if it's better or not, but with how things are going with mine, I would definitely suggest it over the zalman because it's cheaper.

i would say because of the price difference, it is definitely comprable. better? meh. really, really good (and only 35 bucks?!?!?)...? you better believe it. i get about a 12-15* drop in temp using zalman vs. stock. so, if it aint better, its really close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom