USB 1.1 or 2.0 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katmandu

In Runtime
I have an older system that I believe had USB 1.1 ports on the back of the MB. I'm not for sure though....

Here's a link to to MSI KM4M-V below...

MSI Computer Corp. - Product

Anyways, I recently installed an internal USB 2.0 (4) port card in it and need to know how do I verify if the 2.0 is actually "upgraded" from the USB 1.1 ??

I'm not sure if you'll actually see the transfer speed. You'll just notice 2.0, transferring faster than 1.1...

It would most likely b 2.0 because that is almost the same mobo I have and it is 2.0

I have an older system that I believe had USB 1.1 ports on the back of the MB. I'm not for sure though....

Here's a link to to MSI KM4M-V below...

MSI Computer Corp. - Product

Anyways, I recently installed an internal USB 2.0 (4) port card in it and need to know how do I verify if the 2.0 is actually "upgraded" from the USB 1.1 ??

this is a quote from the site you posted.

• VIA® VT8237 Chipset
- Integrated Direct Sound AC'97 audio.
- Dual Channel Ultra DMA 33/66/100/133 master mode EIDE controller.
- Supports both ACPI and PC2001 compliant enhanced power management.
- 8 ports USB 2.0 controller.
- Integrated Ethernet MAC.
- SATA RAID 0 or RAID 1

so yes it does have usb 2.0 onboard

make sure that you are running windows service pack 2 and that you have up to date drivers

this is a quote from the site you posted.

• VIA® VT8237 Chipset
- Integrated Direct Sound AC'97 audio.
- Dual Channel Ultra DMA 33/66/100/133 master mode EIDE controller.
- Supports both ACPI and PC2001 compliant enhanced power management.
- 8 ports USB 2.0 controller.
- Integrated Ethernet MAC.
- SATA RAID 0 or RAID 1

so yes it does have usb 2.0 onboard

make sure that you are running windows service pack 2 and that you have up to date drivers

But he wasn't asking about the onboard now he is wondering how to check the speed....

whoops. I did see something in the beginning of the OP that said that he wasnt sure if it was 1.1 on the back of motherboard or 2.0.

checking speeds may not be relevant though. since the mobo is usb2.0 and the card is 2.0. the only difference in the speed will be how much faster the onboard transfers to processor and to video versus the speed of transfer out to the pci bus.

that is if I read the post right and the link for the board is correct

if you plug a flash drive into a usb 2.0 port nothing happens but if you plug it in to a 1.1 port it will say "this device can perform faster if placed on a usb 2.0 port"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom