Checking my Build...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aynite

Beta member
Hello, I'm a newbie at computers (Just learning about RAM, grpahics cards, ext in the last few monthes o_o) and I wanted to know if this build is good or not. I'm looking for a build that will allow me to play Nice FPS and RTS games. I also need it to last awhile. So, if you can, rate this out of 10 and give me some tips on making it better. I do have a budget which I'll put on the bottom with the price.

CPU: (Socket AM2) AMD Athlonâ„¢64 X2 6000+ Dual-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology
MOTHERBOARD: (Socket AM2)MSI K9N4 SLI-F nForce 500 SLI Chipset DDR2/800 SATA-II RAID MBoard w/ Dual 16x PCI-Express
MEMORY: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard)2GB (2x1GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Value Select or Major Brand)
VIDEO CARD: NEW!!! NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB 16X PCI Express (EVGA Powered by NVIDIA)
HARD DRIVE: Single Hard Drive (320GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)
Data Hard Drive: NONE
Optical Drive: (Special Price) 18X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)
Optical Drive 2: SONY 16X DVD-ROM (BLACK COLOR)
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

Price= $1460.00 without rebates. My budget is around 1600, but I really don't want to go any higher than this.

I am ordering this computer from CyberpowerPC. Good company? I just want to make sure everything is good before I order it. Thanks!

if u liv in america u should buy of newegg.com

this is what i suggest:
e6420 $189.00
gigabyte ds3 $129.00
gskill 2gb hz $119.99
bfgtech 8800gtx $579.99
seagate 320gb hdd 16mb cache $94.99
lite-on sata dvd combo drive*2 $25.99/25.99

total: $1164.95

Yup go C2D. Get an after market cooler and learn how to overclock. There are a lot of people on here who can help you with that as well.

You do not "have" to buy from newegg like suggested but understand that you will get more for your money and better parts by choosing each one and building it yourself. We can all help you put together a sick build and computers are very easy to put together and we could help you with that.

If you are very scared though Cyberpower are decent it's just that you won't get very high quality RAM or power supplies. The PSU's on cyberpower are all Apevia which are not a very good brand for making PSU's.

actually cyberpower has Mushkin eXtreme RAM which is pretty decent.. i think they OC' really well, they now also have the HD 2900 XT since yesterday... heres 2 intel boxes u should change, also they have a lot of new PSU's now...

hers a build with decent parts and really don't need to upgrade it:

Howie's 2007 Dream PC

low-end build to choose extra parts there, but unlike the Howie's Dream PC u get free shipping :)

Special 3

i would build it myself, coz its gonna be cheaper then cyberpower and can get better products then they use. if u go with them, then ur just payiing about 200-500$ extra just for their name. but its up to u, u will get the support and warranty from that, but i dont think its worth it.
go with intel c2d e6320. let me know if u wanna build it ur self and i'll help u pick out some good parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom