Problems with the e6300

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phase-Six

In Runtime
First of all my problem is I try to oc it by bumping the fsb up. I start at 266 which I think is what its at and then I go to like 270 and I know that that isnt much but it doesnt even boot. It just randomly restarts and then shuts off and doesnt do anything, just a big circle. I was wondering of what fsb I should start at and is there anything else I need to change to get up the speed of my cpu? btw here is my specs.
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2560MB RAM
Hard Drive: 160 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT
Monitor: 19 inch widescreen
Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio output
Speakers/Headphones:
Keyboard: Z Merc Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech G5
Mouse Surface: Allsor
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)

And my mobo (not on list) lets me edit everthing to oc something its got the M.i.t M something intellegence t something.

Thats all i can really provide at the moment because I am at school. Maybe you can help with what I have posted here. When I get home I will post a link to the mobo and any other thing you might need to help me.

You need to tell us your motherboard and what type of RAM you have. 2560 is a weird number for RAM..

probably 2048 + 512, mb reverts back to single dr and lowest speed

I figured that was the setup, but was suggesting that it's a weird setup, I would just leave the 512 out and let the memory run in dual channel, but it doesn't seem our friend is too computer savvy.

Well im using G skill ram 2gbs and then added an extra 512 that I had laying around... Should I take the 512 out and then try to oc it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom