Barebone Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

go_sharks86

Baseband Member
I was just wondering if I could buy a barebone computer from a website such as Cyberpower and just get the bare essentials and then install components that I already have.

I want to buy a computer that has:
- Case
- PSU
- HDD
- MOBO
- Processor
- RAM
- OS

Then add:
- Video Card
- Optical Drive
- More RAM
- Sound Card
- Wireless Network Card

I am just wondering if I would run into any problems, such as lack of cables and wires. I am guessing the PSU would have extra cables for me to plug in my optical drive and video card.

Thanks,
Mike

I don't think barebone computers come with all that, the ones i've seen only have case, psu,processor,mobo, 1stick of ram

Well, it isn't really a barebone computer that I would buy from newegg or something, it would be a custom computer with the bare essentials. On Cyberpower you can do configurators and choose what you want in the comp, they build it and send it to you. So I was wondering if I could just pick what I listed, have them build the computer and send it to me and then I could put in the parts that I own.

Why not just order the parts and put them together? it would take a couple of hours, tops.

It took me two hours and I rebuilt my computer three times lol I first forgot that the zalman had a under motherboard fastener and then once I had done that I relised I had trapped a case wire under the mobo so had to take it all up again fun though :D

Why not just order the parts and put them together? it would take a couple of hours, tops.

Because I am not that experienced with computers. I can put in video cards and the like, but not mobos and processors and such. All I know want to is if this is possible and if I would run into any problems.

Mounting a Mobo takes six to nine screws. Mounting a PSU takes four screws and plugging stuff in. Mounting a CPU involves lifting a lever, putting in the CPU, and closing the lever. Heatsink is putting it on the CPU and clipping it down (for the stock one). RAM involves lining it up and pushing it down until the clamps click into place.

There are several guides posted here with pix. Look in the "Tutorial" headings in the hardware forums.

GENERALLY the barebones systems that I have seen include only case, PSU, and motherboard..... thats what mine came with, and I had to put in my own CPU, RAM, HDD, video card & optical drive...

the only hard part I find is actually lining the mobo up and getting it attached to the case. Also those tiny little wires for the hdd read and power lights and buttons for the case etc. I find them hard to figure out where they go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom