Unmountable Volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaku78

Beta member
The dreaded blue screen of death with the Unmountable Volume error has appeared on my laptop, this is the problem. I know how to fix it, the problem is I cannot, because I don't have a Raw Windows XP Setup Disc, nor a one that came with the laptop, because it was upgraded to XP and I no longer have a setup disc. I don't believe but still tried to use a XP boot disc to work this out, and no luck was in sight.

I'd really appreciate some help, and no I cannot get into DOS mode to use the chkdisc utility with a boot disc I've downloaded, so can anyone help a poor guy out?

Could you send me a link to a CD-ROM version? I can't seem to find one, because something seems to be wrong with the floppy I suppose to get into recovery mode...

I don't think the HD is screwed up, but it gave this error before and then it got upgrades to XP, and now it's giving it again.

if you need an xp disc and have the cd key somewhere you can call microsoft and say you lost your disc, give them the cd key over the phone to prove you own it and they will send you a new disc for a small fee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom