The ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro is AMAZING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingAustin

Daemon Poster
I finally bought an aftermarket cooler for my CPU since now that I'm folding, I have a reason for needing more speed. Also another reason was because I'm back home for college, so my computer is upstairs and my parents are cheap and don't use air conditioning until it's at least 90..... anyway.... I decided to go with the Freezer 7 Pro and WOW! I'm absolutely amazed by this thing.

With the stock intel cooler I was idling around 45-50C and under 100% load reaching up to 59C on rare occasions. I wasn't worried about these temps, but they were getting annoying because my computer room was becoming a sauna. So I decided I would finally try my hand at some real overclocking (I got my CPU up to 2.3 with the stock cooler) and hope the better cooler would make the room more comfortable as well.

After putting some arctic silver on, I popped it in, checked the temps and saw 37C. I was mildly impressed, I guess I didn't really think about how much it would lower the temps, but I was pleased to see that I had some room to work with compared to the stock cooler. Once I got in to windows, I started folding on it and played a game to get the load up to 100%, went to check the temps..... 38C!!!!!!! I absolutely couldn't believe it, so I let it run for about 20 min, came back and it was still at 38C. I was very excited about this.

I started OCing after I realized how awesome this cooler is. Right now I'm running at 3.15ghz and I'm fairly sure I can go even higher with a little more tweaking. I can't say 100% that it's stable yet, but I've been running it at this while folding the SMP client for about an hour now and will let it go over night, then run ORTHOS while I'm at work.

I can't say for sure right now, but I think my Vcore is only at 1.35, I'll update after I restart later..... and now for the most unbelievable part... the temp is still at 38C under 100% at 3.15ghz. I have no idea how, but I love this cooler, the best $35 I've spent :) Also it's quiet!

Here is a screen shot to prove I'm not making this up
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/408/freezerpro7pb4.jpg

The System Fan that shows up there is a 50mm fan I bought on newegg along with this CPU cooler, I just screwed it directly on to the Northbridge heatsink :p seems to be working awesomely!

Well there you go folks, hope this helps you decide on a CPU cooler!

Yes...i love my artic cooler. I have had it for about 6 months and it has never let me down. I have my opteron clocked at 2.95ghz and it doesnt get very hot at all while idling. While gaming this thing gets hot, so i will soon be completeing my water loop. But, for 30$ actually, the artic cooler freezer pro is rock solid.

The Tuniq should be better, not by a big significant amount, but a good amount. Also depends on your case cooling and stuff.

actually a small correction. your northbridge is 38c. your cpu is 43c. still plenty low enough though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom