Radeon X800

Status
Not open for further replies.
didi said:
How come the latest graphic card didnt use PCI Express ?
Is more faster isnt?

PCI express gives more headrooom for better graphics, but for now games don't utilize PCI express 's capabilities. So for a while you won't be able to tell the difference in games played on AGP or PCI Express.

PCI express is sure to be expensive when it comes out , so why pay more for something that won't perform any better on games on for the next 6 months.

When I build a new computer it will be one that has an AGP and PCI Express on the motherboard and it will be a socket 939 motherboard. :cool:

Northbridge said:
PCI express gives more headrooom for better graphics, but for now games don't utilize PCI express 's capabilities. So for a while you won't be able to tell the difference in games played on AGP or PCI Express.

PCI express is sure to be expensive when it comes out , so why pay more for something that won't perform any better on games on for the next 6 months.

When I build a new computer it will be one that has an AGP and PCI Express on the motherboard and it will be a socket 939 motherboard. :cool:

so you have a 2.8C? how do ya like it??? i am getting one soon

-=B$=- said:
so you have a 2.8C? how do ya like it??? i am getting one soon

It's a good processor for the money.My only complaint is the heatsink and fan aren't very good and the processor can get pretty warm.

Northbridge said:
It's a good processor for the money.My only complaint is the heatsink and fan aren't very good and the processor can get pretty warm.

what gmaes do you play??? how high can you crank up the setting before it laggs???

-=B$=- said:
what gmaes do you play??? how high can you crank up the setting before it laggs???

I play KOTOR, but I can't really help you on the settings because I've got a MX440 which has oly 64 megabytes of memory and only allows me to do 2x Anti Aliasing and 2x Anisiotropic filtering. I'm going to build a new computer in the next several months and it will be an Athlon 64 with a X800Pro. If I'd already built my computer I could be of some

Besides, as long as you've got a 1.5 GHz or higher proccessor it doesn't make a lot of difference what games you play or what the graphics settings are, it all depends on the video card. That's why I can't give you a good comparison because your card is vastly superior to mine.Now upgrading from a celeron to a P4 Northwood which has a cache twice the size of a celeron you will see a difference in game performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom