Folding @ Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm locked in a basement lol, believe it or not its only 11 degreese down here...

again, the moderators feel your pain :p

jpetroz4, if you have ANY questions regarding F@H or the team my PM box is always open. if you see me online feel free to shoot me a PM and i can answer as quick as possible.

personally i prefer using two instances of the standard client than the SMP client. why? surely having two separate units each with their own thread is more efficient than trying to multi-thread a single unit.

again, the moderators feel your pain :p

jpetroz4, if you have ANY questions regarding F@H or the team my PM box is always open. if you see me online feel free to shoot me a PM and i can answer as quick as possible.

personally i prefer using two instances of the standard client than the SMP client. why? surely having two separate units each with their own thread is more efficient than trying to multi-thread a single unit.

Point wise its not. If you just wants alot of WUs done, then Yes.

It took 24 hours to complete and was worth 1,523 Points.
Even if you have dual instances of the old console running it still won't make up for points.

Assume that every 22 hour you get two WU's done worth 400 points (Even though most aren't worth that much.)
While in one 24 hour period or less you get 1,523 points (For one WU) compared to 800 points (From Two WU's) from running dual instances of the old console.

Im 55% done on a 2651 project now.

So Far the largest step one I have had was 1000000 steps. (One million)

I'm 10 have 10 percent complete so far.. each 5000 step (1%) takes 12 mins to do..

I usually get 2 wu's done a day with dual Text-only, roughly 200 points each, so in a day I usually get around 370-412 points.

I better start this SMP, before I lose my spot...heh..

I usually get two WUs done, worth 500, every 30 hrs.

Hey guys, I installed the SMP client. When I tried to run it, it downloads, and starts working. But I don't think it's doing anything, because temperatures, haven't gone up. And usage is not 100%.

edit: Nevermind....I found out, you have to put in a username and password, in the install.bat file....It's seems to be running fine now...500,000 steps...2651. I wish I had gotten 2610, like you guys did.

wow...my temperatures, are actually lower, using this client. With the text-only console, my loads were 55C. And now with the SMP client, it's 46C.

Hey guys, I installed the SMP client. When I tried to run it, it downloads, and starts working. But I don't think it's doing anything, because temperatures, haven't gone up. And usage is not 100%.

edit: Nevermind....I found out, you have to put in a username and password, in the install.bat file....It's seems to be running fine now...500,000 steps...2651. I wish I had gotten 2610, like you guys did.

wow...my temperatures, are actually lower, using this client. With the text-only console, my loads were 55C. And now with the SMP client, it's 46C.

They are all around the same points.

The 2651 I am now is takeing like an hour per percent.
So I am hopeing its alot more than 1.5K points..

Might wanna check it every now and then. make sure There are at least four instances of fahcore_A1.exe running, two spmd.exe, an mpiexec and a fah.exe. Uh yea, its alot or processes...

An hour per percent? That happened to me, with the text-only consoles. And all I did, was restart the computer, and it went back to the usual 15-18 min per percent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom