Very cheap gaming pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilikeneonlights

Solid State Member
I desperately need an upgrade to this 4 year old piece of crap I got here and I don't have too much money. I don't play a lot of games right now but I'd like to get a bit more into it. I'd like to stay around $600 taxed and shipped after any rebates and everything except Windows (getting Vista Ultimate for free from my dad), keyboard mouse etc.. And I'm going to try a moderate overclock (with stock cooler)

Here's what I'm thinking:
CPU: 3600+ retail $69 Newegg
Mobo: Biostar Tforce550 $70AR Newegg
RAM: G.Skill DDR2-800 $88 Newegg
Graphics: HIS X1950Pro $135AR Newegg
HD: Seagate 250GB $67 Newegg
DVDRW: Liteon DVDRW $40 (free ship) Newegg
PSU: Xclio Goodpower 500W $50 Newegg
Case: Mystique 631 $30AR SVC

= $550 before tax,ship

What do you think, anything that needs changing?

ya its good, looks like sora has no recommendations for u :), and maybe u should get an x1950xt and overclock it to xtx speeds if u get a sapphire one :)

lol, i was thinking the same thing, verong....as you said, he should get an x1950xt, which is awesome for the money. Sora would of said that too.

Meh I don't really have the money for that.. Already pushing my budget.. If anything I would downgrade the graphics. I'm taking this money out of my savings for a new guitar which I really don't wanna do but I just can't stand this thing anymore.. Can't watch 720p videos and **** even flash games lag..

here I am and yes normally I would suggest an X1950XT with that build...you guys are right on the money. Since you say your strapped for cash can you try to fir this one in instead?

It's 20 bucks cheaper than the sapphire and will work just as good.

Newegg.com - connect3D 3073 Radeon X1950XT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 VIVO Video Card - Retail

I mean I understand that you are strapped but do you realize how much more powerful the X1950XT is for not too much more? I mean if you don't NEED it then don't worry but the X1950XT is worth every penny.

How is connect3d on ATI cards compared to Sapphire, because I'm planning on getting that one.

I don't think I need anything more then a Pro. $45 is pretty significant and I don't want to get too sucked into games anyway.

Connect3d make fine graphic cards, they just haven't been around as long but still they work fine. I like Sapphire more but it's like buying a BFG of an EVGA or something.

EDIT: Ok then as long as you realize that for 45 bucks more you would get a lot more gaming power and your fine with it then go ahead. Just wanted to make sure you knew how powerful the XT is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom