Corsair 620 or 520w
Seagate 7200.10 320GB HD
Tuniq
Samsung 226BW 22"
DVD burner
Windows Vista
with your choice of case

Comes to about $1800-1900
Thank you b1gapl for the parts list and thanks to everyone who has provided insight thus far.

Alright, so it seems there is a consensus on the parts to buy. That's cool.

On Windows Vista, I am not too sure I'm wanting to buy this operating system quite yet. I have the Windows XP disc and registration numbers left over from my laptop. Would I be able to install Windows into the above computer using the same disc? If so, that would save me some dollars.

I'm going to go ahead and research these parts, checking for prices etc. NewEgg.com and TigerDirect.com are two sites I'm going to be visiting first. Are there any other websites that I should be looking at?

Again, thanks to everyone who has taken the time to respond to this thread. :p

Stay with newegg.com...they got the best service. Zipzoomfly, might have free shipping, but it's like 5-7 days. Where as newegg has their guaranteed 3 day shipping.

Stick with XP, since you already have the disc and serial.

forget tigerdirect try zipzoomfly, can u build?
Just read your previous post, that price is not bad. I will have to better look over the link and compare it to the price and quality of the parts b1gapl gave me.

Can I build? Hm, well, I have installed hard drives, graphic cards, and ram before all of this easy snap on stuff. :) However, I haven't built a computer ever though I do not doubt that I can. My roommate has built computers and I'm sure I can find more than a few people who can help me build a computer around the campus.

- - - - - - - - -

I'll be checking out as many websites as I can. Going to have to treat buying the parts as if I were buying a car. Gotta go do a lot of window shopping, heh, heh.

I built mine was the first thing I ever added to a pc it took me two hours because I built it 3 times lol built it the first time I left the zalman cpu fan till last and it has an under mobo connector so took it apart again..... Put everything on then realised one of the wires for the case had been wedged under the mother board and I couldn't reach it so the third time I finished :D

I have put all my pc parts into a new case on my own, prior to that i was exactly the same as you, all id ever done was install a few components, but i install everything, might have took me a while but i did it all and it all worked perfectly, well almost, i just had a problem connecting my wire to the mobo for the power switch, but after a few attempts at finding the right connector i got it.

Stay with newegg.com...they got the best service. Zipzoomfly, might have free shipping, but it's like 5-7 days. Where as newegg has their guaranteed 3 day shipping.

Stick with XP, since you already have the disc and serial.

Zippy has always served me well. 3 to 4 days at my door from the time I hit submit Order.

Newegg has a warehouse in New Jersey which is less then 100 Miles from me. Anything from that warehouse usually takes about 48 hours to get to me.

I don't use Tiger Direct much. Their prices usually aren't lower then Zippy or newegg.

For mod supplies and funky PC stuff use FrozenCPU.com, they are fantastic.

Hey Ragnos, if you're having trouble, then read this guide:
Build a System: Page 1

It's a great guide, on how to build a computer, with clear pictures to go with.
Thanks for the advice. Yes, I was sure to read all of the stickies under this section of the forums. You can be sure I'll be using that. ;P
I have put all my pc parts into a new case on my own, prior to that i was exactly the same as you, all id ever done was install a few components, but i install everything, might have took me a while but i did it all and it all worked perfectly, well almost, i just had a problem connecting my wire to the mobo for the power switch, but after a few attempts at finding the right connector i got it.
Well, if it takes three hours to save me hundreds of dollars then I'm all for it, heh, heh.

I'll be sure to post the prices and the links to all of the parts I find online and I'll post when I actually order the parts. Thanks for the help and input thus far. *waves*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom