Which CPU between intel and amd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codeguru

Solid State Member
I am asking anyone who has experience with the E6700 core 2 duo AND the X2 6000+ Winsor. Apparently they both just dropped in price significantly and now I'm just waiting on the video cards to do the same and I want to know which of these two is faster.

The main thing I am concerned about is crunching out these needless overblown graphics game wise. I'm really sick of suffering gameplay wise because of unaccomidating graphical "artists" and I just want that to not be an issue anymore at least for a long while.

Thanks for any advice in advance, I am looking forward to building my next system and I want to make sure to get it right...

Codeguru

Core 2 Duo E6700 > AMD Athlon X2 6000+

Not to mention that E6700 overclocks better and consume less power.

reasons not to buy now.....

1. Intel price drop on july 22nd quad core $266 for example
2. AMD are releasing new series called the K10 series which are set to whoop *** first few come out in july last few are set for november
3. Nvidia is going to release the 8900GT soon
4. ATI is going to release the R600 anyday now lol although they have had 5 or so delays
5. new memory standard DDR3 is being released end of summer
6. new sockets being released for the new processors by amd
7. Intel are releasing the e8xxx series
8. Seagate are supposed to release a new hdd series soon but the reports are speculative
9. The e6600 is better price/performance then the e6700 and about the same when overclocked
In other words can you wait??

I totally disagree with saltynay, you may ask me "why" because.........

On July 22 people will tell this guy to wait for 3 months for Penyrn and then when Penyrn comes out people will tell him to wait for another 3 months for a newer processors or whatever..... So, in other word he will never buy a computer

If he want to build his computer now then let him build it now. I recommend E6600 and 8800GTS 320MB because currently these are the best price/performance

but your forgetting the general trends which is new technology released in summer and early spring and so buying in this time isn't always the best plan. I get what you mean there is always something better within a couple of months but as he currently has computer which can manage just for a 2 months then he will reap the benefits of price drop

I totally disagree with saltynay, you may ask me "why" because.........

On July 22 people will tell this guy to wait for 3 months for Penyrn and then when Penyrn comes out people will tell him to wait for another 3 months for a newer processors or whatever..... So, in other word he will never buy a computer

If he want to build his computer now then let him build it now. I recommend E6600 and 8800GTS 320MB because currently these are the best price/performance

I totally agree with you!...lol....saltynay may be trying to get the most out of his money but you are exactly right maroon1.....at this rate he will never buy a computer if he keeps waiting, competition is only getting more rapid and starting to get more rediculous.

*But, i could tell him to wait for AGENA and KUMA.....hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom