The mouse did it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nu2duo

In Runtime
So my bro calls me and tells me his computer(I built it)doesn't want to start. He says it posts but then he gets a black screen.
I p/u the computer and bring it home. I open it up and first thing I notice is the large amount of dust. So I'm thinking it's the cpu getting too with all that dust.

Suddenly I see a small black piece of rice(so I thought). Then I see more and more. Would you believe that a mouse or mice had been living inside his computer? LOL. It smelled like mouse urine...real bad!!

Turns out the hard drive had been peed and crapped on. So goodbye hard drive. Today I installed a new one and computer works just fine.

I never had heard or seen a computer with more than one mouse. LOL.

Interesting, that gives me another good reason to keep my computer on my desk (not that my mom has mice in the house or anything).

you think that's bad. i've worked on a cockroach infested xbox where they had made their way under the CPU and GPU heatsinks and also shorted the psu.

Yep...
I once worked at Rent-a-Center and we often would get computers, dvd players, sony playstations, refrigerators, stoves...you name it, infested with roaches.
4 years ago a friend of mine gave me his iMac(blueberry) because it no longer worked(so he thought). Once I opened it up I realized the roaches had damaged the hard drive.
Anyways, I installed a new one and cleaned it up and sold it on ebay for $350. I made myself a $280 profit after shipping and price of hd. The keyboard to this iMac was full of roach crap. Took me a while to clean that out.

ooh man that happened to an old dell i had. it was sitting in my closet as a file server, and didn't have any pci slots on it, so one day i went to get some music off of it, and it said it couldn't find the network resource as i hear a zapp in my closet, i open it up and the pc is off, smelt like burnt electronics. so i pullet it out and there was a kangaroo mouse dead touching the 12v and Ground wires on the hdd (this psu was old, didn't have any type of voltage regulating things, you tap the ground to a + wire and the wire melts) so anyways, the mouse got electrocuted and crapped all over a 40gb hdd i had...

then our old Mitsubishi projection television, we were watching it once, and what do ya know, half the screen, the people turn green.. so we take the tv apart like 2 days later and a giant roach was dead on the red lamp, soo funny.

even funnier tho, i just got a gateway astro 2 (500mhz, 128mb, all in one, like imac) and it was outside for god knows how long, hole in side by the top, so i was like whatever, plugged it in, turned on, ran like crap till it beeped and turned off, so i opened it up and it was full of spiders, ants, roaches, mice, and even a rat curled up in the back of the crt. looked like bacon almost, smelt like burnt steak.

i live in the boondocks of a small town called hesperia in southern California, mice, ants, random animals everywhere, coyotes and crap, jack rabbits, you name it, we got it.

ooh man that happened to an old dell i had. it was sitting in my closet as a file server, and didn't have any pci slots on it, so one day i went to get some music off of it, and it said it couldn't find the network resource as i hear a zapp in my closet, i open it up and the pc is off, smelt like burnt electronics. so i pullet it out and there was a kangaroo mouse dead touching the 12v and Ground wires on the hdd (this psu was old, didn't have any type of voltage regulating things, you tap the ground to a + wire and the wire melts) so anyways, the mouse got electrocuted and crapped all over a 40gb hdd i had...

then our old Mitsubishi projection television, we were watching it once, and what do ya know, half the screen, the people turn green.. so we take the tv apart like 2 days later and a giant roach was dead on the red lamp, soo funny.

even funnier tho, i just got a gateway astro 2 (500mhz, 128mb, all in one, like imac) and it was outside for god knows how long, hole in side by the top, so i was like whatever, plugged it in, turned on, ran like crap till it beeped and turned off, so i opened it up and it was full of spiders, ants, roaches, mice, and even a rat curled up in the back of the crt. looked like bacon almost, smelt like burnt steak.

i live in the boondocks of a small town called hesperia in southern California, mice, ants, random animals everywhere, coyotes and crap, jack rabbits, you name it, we got it.

LOL, I think you were one of my Rent-A-Center customers. I worked in Riverside and we did have a few customers from Hesperia. So maybe I know you...lol!

That sounds classic
(2x) Seagate Cheetah 10K.7 300GB ST3300007LC 10,000RPM SCSI 8MB Cache (Ultra 320-SC2 80 Pin).
Crucial 16GB (4x4GB) DDR2 PC2-5300C5 Dual Channel Kit.
Asus Striker Extreme nForce 680 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme Edition QX6800 "LGA775 Kentsfield" 2.93GHz
LiteOn LH-2B1S-490C 2x BD-R/RE Blu-Ray SATA DVD Writer
BFG GeForce 8800 GTX Extreme WaterCooled 768MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI
Zalman HD160XT-B Home Theatre PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom