Check out this problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantom118

Daemon Poster
My sister tried to do a system restore on her lap-top, the restore went through fine but now this is all she see's.. White screen, she cant undo the system restore because that also comes up blank and does not display any of the functions..lol.. anyone know whats wrong??

I'm lost with this one....

12.jpg

123.jpg

Never mind Guys we figured it out...
For anyone who's wondering what we did Start-> Run then typed in these commands individually..

regsvr32 jscript
regsvr32 vbscript

Now everything works fine again...

Basically the registry screwd up when she did a system restore and we had to re-register the files that were missing...

jscript.dll is a function for Microsoft JavaScript...
vbscript.dll is a module that contains application programming interface functions for VBScript....

regsvr32.exe is a utility provided by Microsoft to re-register files missing from the registry... so I just typed in regsvr32 jscript and the file was back on the registry...

Good thing you fixed it dude, Last time I formatted my HD windows didn't reinstall properly and I had to do it 3 or 4 times to get it running properly different problem and different fix from you but I got this problem when one the 2nd install. turns out in my case it was due to a defective Backup CD phoned HP and got a new one that is what fixed it for me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom