New AMD/ATI card kicks butt

Status
Not open for further replies.
the point of that statement was to show that i can save $70, or 20% off the 2900xt, and still get similar performance.

and i never said anything about oblivion? if the 2900xt wins at 1280x1024 on oblivion then alright. i was talking about res's of 1900x1200 or above, which was unspecific to a particular game. thanks.

Are you ****ing kidding me? You're making a freaking judgement right there, after you said "i don't think anyone can really judge anything yet"

You said something about high end benchmarks. Oblivion is a high end benchmark. I'm not talking about whether the 8800gt* or the hd 2900xt beat eachother, just the fact that a benchmark is "stupid" because it displays something that 90% of people can't recreate.

notice that article says preview and gives no benchmark results. the one i posted was running the real silicon on real games. I have never heard of some of those other groups people are citing, but Extreme tech is part of PC magazine a very credible source. The fact that the 2900XT comes close to a card that is a few hundred dollars more expensive says so much. yeah its loud and yeah it needs a lot of power but that 700 million transistors there. The GTS is behind im most benchmarks and it comes close to the GTX in many and beats it in one or two, those are indisputable facts determined by a very long standing and credible source not some internet fanboy site. This isnt a thread about ATI or Nvidia fanboys saying ha i told you so, its about real world benchmarks testing this card and pushing it too its limits. After a few months the cooling will get better and the drivers will be improved and it will run cooler and seemingly faster.

notice that article says preview and gives no benchmark results. the one i posted was running the real silicon on real games. I have never heard of some of those other groups people are citing, but Extreme tech is part of PC magazine a very credible source. The fact that the 2900XT comes close to a card that is a few hundred dollars more expensive says so much. yeah its loud and yeah it needs a lot of power but that 700 million transistors there. The GTS is behind im most benchmarks and it comes close to the GTX in many and beats it in one or two, those are indisputable facts determined by a very long standing and credible source not some internet fanboy site. This isnt a thread about ATI or Nvidia fanboys saying ha i told you so, its about real world benchmarks testing this card and pushing it too its limits. After a few months the cooling will get better and the drivers will be improved and it will run cooler and seemingly faster.

Looks like you only saw the first page (Introduction) and didn't check it at all that is a complete Performance Preview you might want to check it out again.

Btw just because you have never heard of that site that doesn't mean isn't credible I can tell you that site is very credible don't believe it?!? check out their hardware section they have articles up from today top cards and down to 1999.
They make excellent reviews of every PC component that comes out mostly CPU and video cards.

Here:

AMD-ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT Performance Preview

Do yourself a favor and take some time to read the Performance Preview by the way is only 25 pages and let me know if they are credible or not or if they suck doing articles ;) .

i wasnt bashing yours in particular. but i have honestly never heard of them now that you mention it. just dont go bashing an established 25 year old group with award winning journalists and experts as staff writers. they know their stuff.

and yeah the 9 fps thing is definitely due to drivers, it is the only logical explanation.

Are you ****ing kidding me? You're making a freaking judgement right there, after you said "i don't think anyone can really judge anything yet"

You said something about high end benchmarks. Oblivion is a high end benchmark. I'm not talking about whether the 8800gt* or the hd 2900xt beat eachother, just the fact that a benchmark is "stupid" because it displays something that 90% of people can't recreate.

i was just saying that i can save $70, thats not a judgment but rather a fact. and when i said i wouldn't judge anything yet that was in reference to someone's statement of which, ati vs. nvidia, has/will have better drivers, note the sentence preceding it.

that's true oblivion is a high end benchmark. i never said it was stupid..i was just simply stating the reason why people don't run 1900x1200.

The whole point behind you saying that was.. that you can get similar performance for 70 dollars less, was it not? Then right there, you made a judgement on the HD 2900 XT.

I never said you said it was stupid, some other dude did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom