PC's and LCD TV's. Help Yo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

the:megalon

Baseband Member
so i'm moving onward to the adventurous college life and its temporary home: the dorm. i'm bringing my high-end pc, 2x 8800gtx and QUAD CORE, yes, quad core, and my xbox 360. i would like to save some space and hook up my high end pc to a nice tv that way i can play my 360 and my pc without making a mess.

so i go to best buy and look for some nice monitors. i'm looking at this 30" samsung lcd tv; really nice. but the resolution is only 1366x768.

now here's my question: if decide to hook up my 8800gtx sli and quad core pc to a nice 30" lcd tv, but with only 1366x768 resolution, would that bottleneck my high end computer?

your opinions and advice are greatly appreciated. thank you.

nope....but I'd recommend some like Mac's 30" LCD, which has a resolution of 2560x1600, if you can afford. I assume you can, since you have 8800GTX in SLI, and a quad core.

I don't think you'd want to play anything with 2 8800gtx's at 1366x768, that's just a sin..Try looking for an HDTV w/ 1080i or 1080p

meh. that's what i was thinking. i'm probably just going to go with a 2560x1600 or 1920x1200 and get a tv tuner and the 360 vga connnector along with a vga-dvi connector. those three.

but please: any other suggestions for my high end pc to a tv monitor that doesn't bottleneck the pc.

Any sort of TV or monitor won't bottleneck your PC, it's the resolution mainly but if you ran 1280x1024 on a 17" and the same resolution on a 28" or something you would get the same results

thanks bunches konvick. i really like the samsung design and quality and i just might go with that. and yeah... the tv is probably out the window. quad core and 8800gtx sli... but instead of going with a sumsung lcd tv, i'm going with the lcd monitor. so... yeah. the monitor won't bottleneck my computer but actually help it. also, i'm getting a tuner and a vga to dvi box and a 360 vga cable. i love my high-paying job.

thanks people. greatly appreciated.

Olevia 32" hooked up via dvi to hdmi to your pc....bad a$$ picture. If you hunt around, you can get one for under $550

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom