DVD Recorder and Laptop question.. not for faint of heart!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveMKIIDub

Baseband Member
I have a new DVD Recorder.. records DVD-R and DVD-RW and I was able to play the recorded material on my Toshiba Laptop w/ DVD-RAM UJ-841S drive twice and the other times I've tried it won't read the discs I recorded.

What gives? Do I need to make my DVD Recorder record in a different mode/RW discs or does my comp need a firmware upgrade?

Please help this is super ridiculous!

Wouldn't be a bad idea to upgrade the firmware if one is available (as long as it isn't beta...) Also, are you getting a SPECIFIC error, or does it just fail to read? Is the disc scratched?

Wouldn't be a bad idea to upgrade the firmware if one is available (as long as it isn't beta...) Also, are you getting a SPECIFIC error, or does it just fail to read? Is the disc scratched?

No, the discs are fine. It just either reads and plays it perfectly or just won't read it at all. Just sits there thinking and trying to read the discs.

Should I try my other DVD-RW discs and if that dosent work try a VR mode record instead of Video mode? Also, these discs work perfect on other DVD players, but are super finacky with the laptop. Ahh its really frustrating!!!!

What software are you trying to play the video with? Some software requires a DVD decoder/codec to work... I cannot play DVD's in WMP 11 for that very reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom