New AMD/ATI card kicks butt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those benchmarks are stupid, they are all 1920 by 1200 and above res. They mean nothing to me. I want to see functional resolutions.
Yeah, and lets bench everything in FarCry and Doom 3 while we're at it too, because benching HIGH END stuff is so STUPID!

****, 1920x1200 is a functional resolution ^^

Did some people completely ignore my comment about the drivers?

the 8800 has had a lot of time to establish decent drivers. the X2900 has only just come out.

After all, the archtecture is extremely different to the X1000 series

nvidia is still above ati in my books, ati need to lift their game to get some street credit, then ill think bout likin them.

Yeah, and lets bench everything in FarCry and Doom 3 while we're at it too, because benching HIGH END stuff is so STUPID!

****, 1920x1200 is a functional resolution ^^

When did I ever say or imply that benching high end games is stupid? Oh wait, I didn't. 1920x1200 is a resolution that me and 90% of the users on this forum are incapable of running, making the statistics from those benches irrelevant.

lets just hope that ATI/AMD doesn't have this problem with their Quad-Core Phenom processors...

When did I ever say or imply that benching high end games is stupid? Oh wait, I didn't. 1920x1200 is a resolution that me and 90% of the users on this forum are incapable of running, making the statistics from those benches irrelevant.
1.) These benchmarks aren't made for these forums in particular.
2.) I'm guessing 90% of general computer users aren't able to play Oblivion at maximum details @ 1280x1024 or 1600x1200 anyway, so ****, why does it matter.. you're throwing away benchmarks because they're too high end..

And ****, as you said, 1920x1200 is a resolution 90% of the people on this forum can't run, and that's because you all don't have an r600, because the r600 CAN handle 1920x1200.. shown by the benchmarks that you call "stupid". These benchmarks shouldn't matter to you unless you get an R600 (and a monitor that can support such resolution) anyway.

Making these benches irrelevant? I'm certain many of these benchmarks were done to show the performance of the r600 on many levels. If you haven't noticed from a bunch of benchmarks, r600 performance varies a lot depending on resolution, and it tends to do relatively better when using a higher resolution.

1.) These benchmarks aren't made for these forums in particular.
2.) I'm guessing 90% of general computer users aren't able to play Oblivion at maximum details @ 1280x1024 or 1600x1200 anyway, so ****, why does it matter.. you're throwing away benchmarks because they're too high end..

And ****, as you said, 1920x1200 is a resolution 90% of the people on this forum can't run, and that's because you all don't have an r600, because the r600 CAN handle 1920x1200.. shown by the benchmarks that you call "stupid". These benchmarks shouldn't matter to you unless you get an R600 (and a monitor that can support such resolution) anyway.

Making these benches irrelevant? I'm certain many of these benchmarks were done to show the performance of the r600 on many levels. If you haven't noticed from a bunch of benchmarks, r600 performance varies a lot depending on resolution, and it tends to do relatively better when using a higher resolution.

im not trying to be rude or anything but actually the reason most of us can't run at the res is because most people don't own a 24"+ lcd monitor, or 22"+ Crt that is capable of those resolutions, its not the graphics cards. And second when i can pick up a 8800gts 640mb for $330 and it only looses by 2 fps, im saving $70-100. and i don't think anyone can really judge anything yet, those cards have been out a week? both sides need to work on their drivers imo.

plus i'll take 160fps in dx9, even if thats "loosing"...dx10 is my real concern.

im not trying to be rude or anything but actually the reason most of us can't run at the res is because most people don't own a 24"+ lcd monitor, or 22"+ Crt that is capable of those resolutions, its not the graphics cards. And second when i can pick up a 8800gts 640mb for $330 and it only looses by 2 fps, im saving $70-100. and i don't think anyone can really judge anything yet, those cards have been out a week? both sides need to work on their drivers imo.
Are you trying to say that the majority of computer owners can run Oblivion at 1280x1024 at max settings? Because if they can't, then those benchmarks are "stupid", and they don't matter.

And if nobody can judge anything yet, what the **** is the point of this "And second when i can pick up a 8800gts 640mb for $330 and it only looses by 2 fps"

Honestly, I don't want to continue this out anymore. It's just the whole point of a benchmark being "stupid" because most people aren't able to recreate the benchmark. It's just there to show the card's full power, because the card IS able to handle certain resolutions whether or not your monitor is.

Are you trying to say that the majority of computer owners can run Oblivion at 1280x1024 at max settings? Because if they can't, then those benchmarks are "stupid", and they don't matter.

And if nobody can judge anything yet, what the **** is the point of this "And second when i can pick up a 8800gts 640mb for $330 and it only looses by 2 fps"

Honestly, I don't want to continue this out anymore. It's just the whole point of a benchmark being "stupid" because most people aren't able to recreate the benchmark. It's just there to show the card's full power, because the card IS able to handle certain resolutions whether or not your monitor is.

the point of that statement was to show that i can save $70, or 20% off the 2900xt, and still get similar performance.

and i never said anything about oblivion? if the 2900xt wins at 1280x1024 on oblivion then alright. i was talking about res's of 1900x1200 or above, which was unspecific to a particular game. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom