Folding @ Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happens to me sometimes. It attempts to send several times. And then after like the 3rd time, it successfully sends.

I did say yes to the greater than 5mb question, but I still get 250,000 step WUs. When you get those 4-5 million step WUs, how many points are they worth?

5 Mill is worth 186 and 4 mil is worth 206

How many points and how long does it take to do a 250,000. It might be using a different core all together

wow....the 250,000 step WUs I get, are worth 500 points. And it takes a little more than a day to finish one.

yeah points depend on time, A 4 mil is worth more then a 5 mil because it takes the same amount of time and has less steps, I usually do a 4 or 5 million in 23 hours.

So the faster you finish, the more points you get? Because, yesterday I did finish a bit faster, and I got 574 points instead of 500.

not that I know of, unless there are bonus points, lets say It takes you 24 hours for you to do a 250,000 work unit, and takes me 24 hours to do a 5million work unit, Yours is going to be worth more then mine because it takes just as long to do and only has 250,000 steps.

In the time it takes for you to do 250,000 steps, I did 5 million so yours is obvisouly going to be worth more because its a more difficult work unit.

How come sometimes, it takes 50 minutes to do 1%, and other times, 15 minutes to do 1%? When it's 15 minutes, it can do 4% per hour. I'm annoyed that, now it's taking 50 minutes to do 1%.

I have no Idea, are you doing anything on the computer besides browsing tech forums that could slow it down?

Hmmm... the console seems to be having trouble trying to send a work unit back to the server... this happen to any of ya'll?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom