clean cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

baron5

Fully Optimized
hey im installing my cpu and dont have ne rubbing alcohol so wat can i use for it and my tuniq tower.

uhh.......try scrapping it off with ur nail, ive always want to try this, but i dont think it's safe to do lol.

i got a good question, since im on tonight n im going to bed right now, is it a good idea to........i dont know........take off everything off a graphics card, remove the thermal paste on it already n replace it with Artic Silver 5? Reason i ask this is because if i ever plan on doing OCing again, i want to do it on the future HD 2900 XTX.

It's safe if you know what your doing... But keep in mind a lot of companies wont up hold their warranty when you do that.

eVGA, Will though... You can do pretty much anything to their cards you want, Other then Water damage or breaking it into.
Just if you change their heat sinks, KEEP the stock one. Cause when you send the card back they must have it back on. :)

Nail polish remover will work, as would mineral spirits. Just be very careful to only use it on the metal surfaces and to wipe it clean afterwards.

oh thanks well i went and bought sum rubbing alcohol swabs. but the finger prints on the tuniq tower copper base still wouldnt come off with it. sum i just applied the artic silver 5 and left it.

also how much is too much artic silver because im not sure if i put to much

Put enough to equal a small pea, then let the heatsink spread it when you mount it.

i put a line down the middle. coz its a quadcore thats what it said to do on the intel site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom