installed new motherboard and CPU...

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelb15

Beta member
I got a question

I just installed a mobo, and a CPU, and now when I start up, I get blue screen flash, and it restarts... I also somehow lost my startup discs too..
I have the hdd in another computer on slave and tryting to install new drivers somehow.. but how exactly can I do that.. or at least get the computer to use generic files so I can at least start up the computer..

It will not start any way, not with safe mode or anything.

any ideas?

So it wont start but you are getting some video/display out of the monitor?? are there any recognisable beeps coming from the motherboard after turning the power button on?

yes.. it starts up all right, and loads the bios, but as soon as it starts to load windows, it crashes, and restarts.

Are you using the same hard drive that you used before? I think theres a problem with that, but not sure, Something about the settings.???

Does the HD have Windows on it? Replacing the mobo is notorious for making Windows seizure and causing problems similar to what your are seeing.

If you're using the same hard drive, with the new motherboard, then you have to reinstall windows, like amdscorpio said.

sumone else had a prob with this but they did not use a diff mb. and u can scan and fix drive if u sumhow get xp cd and launch the setup thing then use command 'chkdsk/r'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom