Wont turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Power

Mr Beans Sidekick
My PC wont turn on, nothing happens when I press the power button and everything is plugged in just fine. This is the 4th time its happened, the other times it happened was when I moved it/unplugged it. All the other time it would just start working after awhile or if i plugged the power cable in a certain way. but now its doing this for no reason, I didnt move or unplug anything and it just wont turn on. Although a green light on the mobo is on but when I press power nothing happens. any help would be greatly appreciated!

yes the powersupply sounds shot to me as well. basically it can supply a little bit of juice to get that led to turn on , but not enough to actually power the system up.

if you want to know for sure, then you can buy a cheap powersupply tester at most online shops. basically it just crosses a couple wires on the part that plugs into the mobo that allows the powersupply to turn on without the case switch.

but I would bet money that it is the powersupply.

it would just start working after awhile or if i plugged the power cable in a certain way

That doesn't really inspire confidence in the condition of your PSU - replace it before you damage some of your other components

try to reset bios (with jumper on board), then look if everything is placed correctly (RAM, graphics, all other cards). if u could turn it on then try to look to bios on power supplies, voltages etc. i think that your problem may be caused by many things. if your PSU is weak try to disconect everything except CPU, RAM and graphics and then turn it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom