CPU Temperature runs at 60c while IDLE and up to 80c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure you press the pins that mount the HSF all the way down.

To stress test, run 3 instanced of Prime95. One using "blend" torture test, one "small fft" and one "large fft". And play a game at the same time. This will give you much higher temps than just running 2 instances of Prime95

Make sure you press the pins that mount the HSF all the way down.

To stress test, run 3 instanced of Prime95. One using "blend" torture test, one "small fft" and one "large fft". And play a game at the same time. This will give you much higher temps than just running 2 instances of Prime95

There are no pins to push down on the zalman 9500...

yeah, i know its a bracket. what we, or at least i, are/am talking about when i say "pins" are the four corners of that bracket that hold it tightly to the motherboard by attaching in the rear to another support bracket. it shows four little screws in the picture in above link...and i was under the impression that it was held on by little plastic retention clips that push through the bracket and secure it to the motherboard. so, if it doesnt have said plastic retention clips, i would be talking about the four screws. ie are they tightened down completely? if they are not, then the hsf is not making good contact with your cpu. that make sense?

yeah, i know its a bracket. what we, or at least i, are/am talking about when i say "pins" are the four corners of that bracket that hold it tightly to the motherboard by attaching in the rear to another support bracket. it shows four little screws in the picture in above link...and i was under the impression that it was held on by little plastic retention clips that push through the bracket and secure it to the motherboard. so, if it doesnt have said plastic retention clips, i would be talking about the four screws. ie are they tightened down completely? if they are not, then the hsf is not making good contact with your cpu. that make sense?

yes, that all makes sense.

The bracket only has two screws, the mount to the MB has 4, i made sure they were all as tight as could be...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom