Got My New Card.. Few Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folding (Folding @ Home), is a project by Stanford University. It's a program that you run, on your computer, and it folds proteins. Protein folding, helps scientists, understand illnesses better, which could lead to finding a cure, to various diseases, such as cancer. They do this because, it's better to use a million of the PCs at home, currently registered for this project, then spending billions of dollars, to build a supercomputer.

One thing i forget... There is a sticker on the cards case that says that the power cord from the PSU should be connected from the PSU and then split to two cords one connecting to the card and the other to the hard drive.. Must this be done? Cant i just connect any power cord to the card? Must it be the one that is also on the hard drive?

Thanks

are you talking about the square plug with the 4 holes... There is one in the package that is on the 1 end the 4 hole and the other one is the standart flat power connector... i guess i will just plug it in on any empty connector i find

I don't quite get what you're saying.

"that is on the 1 end the 4 hole".....I can't understand that. But the PCI-e connector is a 6-pin power connector, like this:
2pci_express.jpg

yea that was what i was talking about... at the one end its on of that and on the other one of the normal falt plugs that come with the PSUs... so i just plug that end on any the power cords that come out of my PSU and its ok right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom