winxp 64! what da ****!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEATH-INCARNATE

In Runtime
hey

i recently decided to install winxp64 on my pc to get a performance increase with games, and i really did see a noticeable increase in performance.

Though i recently got a CnC3 n guess what? it wont work on winxp64!? i mean what da ****, its one of da newest games! also other software wont run like office2003!? it obvious software like this hasnt been coded to run on 64bit but why wont it run as a 32bit process!? n obviously WOW64 (64bit windows emulator to run 32bit apps on winxp64) is another failed MS effort

any comments on this?

anyone got any ideas on how i can run these kind of apps on winxp64 without having to duel boot?

I have been running Windows 64-bit for about a year and half now and have no major problems. MS Office 2000, 2003, 2007 all work great. Every game i have tired to play works awesome, Pristontale, Battle field vietnam, cunter-strike, counter-strike source, Day of Defeat source, World of Warcraft, and microsoft flight simulator. as for as applications that don't work despite the WOW, older version of iTunes like 6.4-7.1 wouldn't work and some software from logitech for the key board functions like play pause volume.. etc.. But they again this logitech software is really old. For the most part I am really happy with my installation of Windows 64

Yeah I tend to hear that - those who do email, browse the web, and play games are generally fine...but those of us who like to play with oh so many apps (old and new alike) run into grief.

As for MS Office not working on x64, I highly doubt that... unless you have not updated the product itself?

My friend has run into a few troubles, but all were fix-able with the help of Google/Google Groups. So...if you're not having hardware issues, I'd try that...something like "windows 64 command conquer 3 64". You could also demand answers on their message board! :p ->
EA Forums: Forum Home

yea iv done da compatiblity mode and it has no effect. maybe MSoffice2003 would run but da install for it dont work at all, give me some wierd error. its not a corrupted disk of MSoffice coz it works fine on 32bit. Also i cant use progs like O&O defrag, which i really miss coz i hate da windows defragmenter. i dono, i cant explain this. i mean da installs for other apps work fine and others dont work. maybe they will fix these issues in service pack3 but i dont wana wait for that. also its not just me thats getting this non-sense alot of my friends have also tired winxp64 and they also get some of da same probs.

Most people I know that have problems with 64 just go back to 32 bit. Its not really that much of a performance increase and not worth it if half your apps dont work.

i dont know if this will work for cnc3 but to get doom 3 to install i had to edit out the code in the installer that checks the users operating system then it installed and worked fine, do a search on google

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom